Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to Official Android
4.1.2 Jelly Bean with XXCLL6 OTA Firmware
Samsung recently rolled out its latest Android 4.1.2 official Jelly Bean firmware N8000XXCLL6 for Galaxy Note N8000 users in Kenya. The new firmware brings a few additional features and customisation over the stock Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean firmware.
Kenyan users can now download and install the firmware either as Over-The-Air (OTA) or through Samsung KIES software. Non-Kenyan users (the UK and a few other select European countries) and those who missed the twin opportunities can now download and install the same manually using this guide.
NOTE: The installation of this firmware requires the use of ODIN flash tool.
Android 4.1.2 XXCLL6 Official Firmware Details
Regions Supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
Key Points to Note
- XXCLL6 official firmware and the instructions provided in this guide are applicable to the Galaxy Note N800 model only and will not work on any other device. Verify your device's model number by navigating to Settings > About tablet.
- Back up important data and settings on the tablet and ensure that the device has at least 85 percent battery charge.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for Galaxy Note N8000 on the computer (download USB drivers)
- Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development.
- Access to custom ROMs such as CyanogenMod 10 (CM10), Paranoid Android or AOKP will be lost soon after installing the official firmware and custom firmware will be replaced by official stock ROM.
- Custom recovery tools such as CWM or TWRP will be erased and replaced with stock recovery. Also, the device will no longer have root access after installing the official firmware.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of installing the XXCLL6 official firmware. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with XXCLL6 OTA Firmware
Update Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 to Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with XXCLL6 OTA Firmware
1. Extract XXCLL6 official Firmware that you downloaded earlier to get a .tar file and few other files.
2. Extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with some other files.
3. Switch off your tablet and wait for vibration (about 5-6 seconds) to confirm complete device shutdown.
4. Place Galaxy Note tablet in Download mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power button until Samsung Galaxy logo appears on screen. Wait for a few seconds until the device boots into Download mode.
5. Launch Odin3 v3.07.exe (check Step 2) as an Administrator, as Admin privileges are required to complete the flashing process.
6. Connect the tablet to computer with the USB cable. A message saying "Added!!" appears in Odin's message box at the bottom left. If you fail to get the message, just try another USB port (preferably the one at the back of the computer). If all else fails, then just reinstall the USB drivers for the tablet on computer. When you get the "Added!!" message in Odin then proceed to the next step. At this moment, the ID: COM port with a number turns Yellow if you successfully added the device.
7. Choose the following files in Odin from the extracted folder in step 2, using respective command buttons:
- Click the PDA Button, and choose the .tar file named 'Code'
- Tap the Phone Button, and choose the file named 'Modem' (ignore if such file is missing)
- Hit the CSC Button, and choose the file named 'CSC' (ignore if there is no such file)
- Click the PIT Button, and choose the .pit file. Use the file from the extracted folder in step 1 (ignore if the file is missing).
8. In Odin, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options by selecting the checkboxes. Also, ensure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file in previous step.
9. Verify that everything mentioned in Step 7 and Step 8 is done correctly. Then hit START button to begin the flashing process.
10. Once the firmware is completely flashed, the tablet will reboot automatically and a PASS message with green background appears in the left-most box at the very top of Odin. You can then unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Galaxy Note 10.1 N8000 is now running on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean based N8000XXCLL6 official firmware. Go to Settings > About Tablet to verify firmware version installed.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: