‘Dabangg 2’ Fifth Weekend Overseas Box Office Collection
By Ankita Mehta | January 22, 2013 8:10 PM EST
"Dabangg 2" has finally completed its fifth weekend on a positive note at the overseas box office. The film which almost completed its run at the box offices earned approximately ₹1.39 lakh in the international market.
The movie raked in ₹1.17 lakh (£ 1,384) on four screens from UK and ₹21873 ($409) on two screens from the US in its fifth weekend. It has been declared a superhit film overseas.
The film, which was made on a budget of ₹60 crore, was released across 3700 screens in India and 450 screens overseas. The pre-release business of the film, including Satellite rights with a TV channel, overseas and home video rights with Eros International and audio rights, covered the budget amount of "Dabangg 2".
The film earned ₹45 crore only on satellite rights, ₹25 crore through overseas & home video rights and ₹10 crore from audio rights.
Initially, when "Dabangg 2" was released it was expected to break the record of "Ek Tha Tiger", which continues to remain Salman's biggest hit film till date.
The collection of the film declined in its second and third week because of which it failed to beat "ETT" record.
In India, the film raked in approximately ₹2.50 crore in its fourth weekend. The total of the film after four weeks is approximately ₹157.70 crore in India.
The action comedy is Arbaaz Khan's debut directorial film. Apart from Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha in lead roles, the film also has Vinod Khanna, Arbaaz Khan, Mahi Gill and Praksh Jha in supporting roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales