Apple to Unveil 4.8-inch ‘iPhone Math’ Along with iPhone 5 Successor in June: Report
By Rohit KVN | January 22, 2013 7:14 PM EST
American technology behemoth Apple is reportedly contemplating to launch 'iPhone Math' and two new smartphones this year.
Taiwan-based news agency China Times reported that Apple will release three new variants of iPhone this year. The first two smartphones - 4-inch 'iPhone 5S' and 4.8-inch 'iPhone Math' - will each feature an 8.0-megapixel camera and are expected to hit markets in June.
The Chinese daily further claimed that the third iPhone variant will feature a 12.0-megapixel camera and most likely make its debut before the 2013 Christmas holiday season.
The shipments of iPhone components including touch screens and camera is expected to begin early march and production is set to start before the end of April.
The speculations of new iPhone variants began flooding online media ever since Samsung took over as the number one smartphone maker at the end of 2012. Many market analysts began stating that Apple needed a new business plan to counter its rival's ever growing profits.
Few days back, Apple's stock value went below $500 mark for the first time in a year due to reports of the company's cutback on iPhone 5 component shipments amidst weak demand in the global smartphone market.
Brian White, analyst at the Topeka Capital Markets, believed that Apple's plan to introduce iPhone in multiple sizes and colours would allow itself to "better bifurcate the market and expand its reach", reported MacRumors.
At beginning of the year, there were reports that Apple was contemplating to build an 'iPhone mini' and planned to release it early next year.
Apple has been rather non-responsive to the rumours so far. On a postive note, consumers can expect the Cupertino company to unveil new devices like Apple iTV and iPad mini 2 with retina display this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles