Rolls-Royce’s Powerful Wraith Coupe Set to Unveil at Geneva Motor Show
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 22, 2013 4:56 PM EST
British luxury car maker Rolls Royce is all set to unleash its most powerful and dynamic design model, Wraith Coupe, at the Geneva Auto Show in early March.
"The Rolls-Royce Wraith will draw superlatives when it is unveiled in Geneva. Expect the boldest design, the most dramatic performance and the most powerful Rolls-Royce that has ever played host to the famous Spirit of Ecstasy figurine," Torsten Muller-Otvos, CEO, Rolls Royce said while confirming the name of the new model.
The new coupe is said to be powered by a 6.6-litre, twin-turbocharged V12 petrol engine which could generate a power of 600bhp in the region of 450kW and an equal amount of torque.
The Wraith is reportedly the most powerful car model from Rolls Royce until now. The two-door car model "will have a length of around 5200mm and ride on a wheelbase about 180mm shorter than that of the four-door Ghost," Stuff.co.nz reported.
Rolls Royce had first made use of the name 'Wraith' in 1938.
There are no official pictures of the car yet. The company had released a dramatic teaser instead that barely showed the profile of the car, leaving everything to the imagination rather.
"We will present a model whose starting point is luxury, refinement and exclusivity, traits that have made Rolls-Royce the world's pinnacle luxury good for the last 108 years. This is a car not only defined by a timeless elegance, but one that encapsulates a sense of power, style and drama," Torsten Muller-Otvos added.
Below is the teaser video of Rolls Royce's latest coupe:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate