Rolls-Royce’s Powerful Wraith Coupe Set to Unveil at Geneva Motor Show
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 22, 2013 4:56 PM EST
British luxury car maker Rolls Royce is all set to unleash its most powerful and dynamic design model, Wraith Coupe, at the Geneva Auto Show in early March.
"The Rolls-Royce Wraith will draw superlatives when it is unveiled in Geneva. Expect the boldest design, the most dramatic performance and the most powerful Rolls-Royce that has ever played host to the famous Spirit of Ecstasy figurine," Torsten Muller-Otvos, CEO, Rolls Royce said while confirming the name of the new model.
The new coupe is said to be powered by a 6.6-litre, twin-turbocharged V12 petrol engine which could generate a power of 600bhp in the region of 450kW and an equal amount of torque.
The Wraith is reportedly the most powerful car model from Rolls Royce until now. The two-door car model "will have a length of around 5200mm and ride on a wheelbase about 180mm shorter than that of the four-door Ghost," Stuff.co.nz reported.
Rolls Royce had first made use of the name 'Wraith' in 1938.
There are no official pictures of the car yet. The company had released a dramatic teaser instead that barely showed the profile of the car, leaving everything to the imagination rather.
"We will present a model whose starting point is luxury, refinement and exclusivity, traits that have made Rolls-Royce the world's pinnacle luxury good for the last 108 years. This is a car not only defined by a timeless elegance, but one that encapsulates a sense of power, style and drama," Torsten Muller-Otvos added.
Below is the teaser video of Rolls Royce's latest coupe:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown