Rolls-Royce’s Powerful Wraith Coupe Set to Unveil at Geneva Motor Show
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 22, 2013 4:56 PM EST
British luxury car maker Rolls Royce is all set to unleash its most powerful and dynamic design model, Wraith Coupe, at the Geneva Auto Show in early March.
"The Rolls-Royce Wraith will draw superlatives when it is unveiled in Geneva. Expect the boldest design, the most dramatic performance and the most powerful Rolls-Royce that has ever played host to the famous Spirit of Ecstasy figurine," Torsten Muller-Otvos, CEO, Rolls Royce said while confirming the name of the new model.
The new coupe is said to be powered by a 6.6-litre, twin-turbocharged V12 petrol engine which could generate a power of 600bhp in the region of 450kW and an equal amount of torque.
The Wraith is reportedly the most powerful car model from Rolls Royce until now. The two-door car model "will have a length of around 5200mm and ride on a wheelbase about 180mm shorter than that of the four-door Ghost," Stuff.co.nz reported.
Rolls Royce had first made use of the name 'Wraith' in 1938.
There are no official pictures of the car yet. The company had released a dramatic teaser instead that barely showed the profile of the car, leaving everything to the imagination rather.
"We will present a model whose starting point is luxury, refinement and exclusivity, traits that have made Rolls-Royce the world's pinnacle luxury good for the last 108 years. This is a car not only defined by a timeless elegance, but one that encapsulates a sense of power, style and drama," Torsten Muller-Otvos added.
Below is the teaser video of Rolls Royce's latest coupe:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- AT&T Offers 1 Gigabit/Second Download Speed in Cupertino
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Shares Reach $100 Mark Since Stock Split; First Flagship Store in Middle East May Open Soon
- Anti-Virus Company Symantec to Switch to Subscription Service, Consolidates Norton Products
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence