Rolls-Royce’s Powerful Wraith Coupe Set to Unveil at Geneva Motor Show
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 22, 2013 4:56 PM EST
British luxury car maker Rolls Royce is all set to unleash its most powerful and dynamic design model, Wraith Coupe, at the Geneva Auto Show in early March.
"The Rolls-Royce Wraith will draw superlatives when it is unveiled in Geneva. Expect the boldest design, the most dramatic performance and the most powerful Rolls-Royce that has ever played host to the famous Spirit of Ecstasy figurine," Torsten Muller-Otvos, CEO, Rolls Royce said while confirming the name of the new model.
The new coupe is said to be powered by a 6.6-litre, twin-turbocharged V12 petrol engine which could generate a power of 600bhp in the region of 450kW and an equal amount of torque.
The Wraith is reportedly the most powerful car model from Rolls Royce until now. The two-door car model "will have a length of around 5200mm and ride on a wheelbase about 180mm shorter than that of the four-door Ghost," Stuff.co.nz reported.
Rolls Royce had first made use of the name 'Wraith' in 1938.
There are no official pictures of the car yet. The company had released a dramatic teaser instead that barely showed the profile of the car, leaving everything to the imagination rather.
"We will present a model whose starting point is luxury, refinement and exclusivity, traits that have made Rolls-Royce the world's pinnacle luxury good for the last 108 years. This is a car not only defined by a timeless elegance, but one that encapsulates a sense of power, style and drama," Torsten Muller-Otvos added.
Below is the teaser video of Rolls Royce's latest coupe:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Who's The Boss: Tech World's Top 10 CEO's Revealed
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- MH17: Shrapnel Hits Plane, Russia Calls for UN-led Investigation