Rolls-Royce’s Powerful Wraith Coupe Set to Unveil at Geneva Motor Show
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 22, 2013 4:56 PM EST
British luxury car maker Rolls Royce is all set to unleash its most powerful and dynamic design model, Wraith Coupe, at the Geneva Auto Show in early March.
"The Rolls-Royce Wraith will draw superlatives when it is unveiled in Geneva. Expect the boldest design, the most dramatic performance and the most powerful Rolls-Royce that has ever played host to the famous Spirit of Ecstasy figurine," Torsten Muller-Otvos, CEO, Rolls Royce said while confirming the name of the new model.
The new coupe is said to be powered by a 6.6-litre, twin-turbocharged V12 petrol engine which could generate a power of 600bhp in the region of 450kW and an equal amount of torque.
The Wraith is reportedly the most powerful car model from Rolls Royce until now. The two-door car model "will have a length of around 5200mm and ride on a wheelbase about 180mm shorter than that of the four-door Ghost," Stuff.co.nz reported.
Rolls Royce had first made use of the name 'Wraith' in 1938.
There are no official pictures of the car yet. The company had released a dramatic teaser instead that barely showed the profile of the car, leaving everything to the imagination rather.
"We will present a model whose starting point is luxury, refinement and exclusivity, traits that have made Rolls-Royce the world's pinnacle luxury good for the last 108 years. This is a car not only defined by a timeless elegance, but one that encapsulates a sense of power, style and drama," Torsten Muller-Otvos added.
Below is the teaser video of Rolls Royce's latest coupe:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown