Taylor Swift 'Humiliated' By Love Jokes?
By Diadem Pambid | January 22, 2013 2:56 PM EST
All the memes, diss and bashing has finally reached Swift's ears. While some find it completely hilarious all the while making memes one after the other, Taylor Swift is not amused. In fact, the country crooner is "embarrassed" and "humiliated" with all the love jokes aimed at her.
Tina Feya and Amy Poehler's indirect diss at Swift during the Golden Globes 2013 might have been funny then but this was followed up by a whole lot more. Michael J. Fox, whose son was the target of the joke along with Swift, also bashed Swift saying she would never "date" his son. Another diss was that made of Patti Stanger of "Millionaire Matchmakers." According to Patti, Swift dated for the sake of writing songs which is ironically close to the truth.
"Taylor Swift dates guys so she can write a breakup song about them. I don't think she's dating for love - I think she's dating for creativity. So let's get her off the market and put her in dating detox," said Stanger in an interview with US Weekly, adding, "If she really wants love, she has to stop writing music about them."
Things are getting pretty tough and rough for Swift due to her "serial dating."
"At first Taylor just thought it was funny how much interest people had in her love life and she went along with it. But now she's the butt of jokes on Saturday Night Live, in the tabloids and on the late night shows. She laughed it off, but the jokes made about her at the Golden Globes got under her skin," said a source to Radar Online.
"The jokes being made about her love life embarrass her, but it's finally hit home with Taylor. She really wants to make an effort to slow down and not jump from boyfriend to boyfriend. In a weird way all the negative press has really opened, her eyes and will be good for her!" continued the source, adding, "Taylor is so concerned the public will think she's a wh*re because she dates around, that she does not put out. What she doesn't get is that the guys keep dumping her because she's being a prude."
Prude or not, Swift has some serious issues with all the relationships she has managed to fail. Hopefully, what Swift said in her interview for Vibe Magazine is true. Swift stated she'd rather stay single for a while.
"Independence is something I've always needed, from when I was young. But I love the idea of romance and falling in love. I've never really had a long relationship. So that's something I think about for the future," explained Swift. "It's an interesting part of my personality: Part of me just wants to be alone .... Sagittarians are really independent, and we like our space. We're drawn to love but battle for that need for independence," continued the 23-year old.
By the looks of it, the memes and parody videos definitely got to Swift. Hopefully, Swift does manage to keep her word this time and try to stay single for the sake of all the men in Hollywood.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop