Taylor Swift 'Humiliated' By Love Jokes?
By Diadem Pambid | January 22, 2013 2:56 PM EST
All the memes, diss and bashing has finally reached Swift's ears. While some find it completely hilarious all the while making memes one after the other, Taylor Swift is not amused. In fact, the country crooner is "embarrassed" and "humiliated" with all the love jokes aimed at her.
Tina Feya and Amy Poehler's indirect diss at Swift during the Golden Globes 2013 might have been funny then but this was followed up by a whole lot more. Michael J. Fox, whose son was the target of the joke along with Swift, also bashed Swift saying she would never "date" his son. Another diss was that made of Patti Stanger of "Millionaire Matchmakers." According to Patti, Swift dated for the sake of writing songs which is ironically close to the truth.
"Taylor Swift dates guys so she can write a breakup song about them. I don't think she's dating for love - I think she's dating for creativity. So let's get her off the market and put her in dating detox," said Stanger in an interview with US Weekly, adding, "If she really wants love, she has to stop writing music about them."
Things are getting pretty tough and rough for Swift due to her "serial dating."
"At first Taylor just thought it was funny how much interest people had in her love life and she went along with it. But now she's the butt of jokes on Saturday Night Live, in the tabloids and on the late night shows. She laughed it off, but the jokes made about her at the Golden Globes got under her skin," said a source to Radar Online.
"The jokes being made about her love life embarrass her, but it's finally hit home with Taylor. She really wants to make an effort to slow down and not jump from boyfriend to boyfriend. In a weird way all the negative press has really opened, her eyes and will be good for her!" continued the source, adding, "Taylor is so concerned the public will think she's a wh*re because she dates around, that she does not put out. What she doesn't get is that the guys keep dumping her because she's being a prude."
Prude or not, Swift has some serious issues with all the relationships she has managed to fail. Hopefully, what Swift said in her interview for Vibe Magazine is true. Swift stated she'd rather stay single for a while.
"Independence is something I've always needed, from when I was young. But I love the idea of romance and falling in love. I've never really had a long relationship. So that's something I think about for the future," explained Swift. "It's an interesting part of my personality: Part of me just wants to be alone .... Sagittarians are really independent, and we like our space. We're drawn to love but battle for that need for independence," continued the 23-year old.
By the looks of it, the memes and parody videos definitely got to Swift. Hopefully, Swift does manage to keep her word this time and try to stay single for the sake of all the men in Hollywood.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June