Taylor Swift 'Humiliated' By Love Jokes?
By Diadem Pambid | January 22, 2013 2:56 PM EST
All the memes, diss and bashing has finally reached Swift's ears. While some find it completely hilarious all the while making memes one after the other, Taylor Swift is not amused. In fact, the country crooner is "embarrassed" and "humiliated" with all the love jokes aimed at her.
Tina Feya and Amy Poehler's indirect diss at Swift during the Golden Globes 2013 might have been funny then but this was followed up by a whole lot more. Michael J. Fox, whose son was the target of the joke along with Swift, also bashed Swift saying she would never "date" his son. Another diss was that made of Patti Stanger of "Millionaire Matchmakers." According to Patti, Swift dated for the sake of writing songs which is ironically close to the truth.
"Taylor Swift dates guys so she can write a breakup song about them. I don't think she's dating for love - I think she's dating for creativity. So let's get her off the market and put her in dating detox," said Stanger in an interview with US Weekly, adding, "If she really wants love, she has to stop writing music about them."
Things are getting pretty tough and rough for Swift due to her "serial dating."
"At first Taylor just thought it was funny how much interest people had in her love life and she went along with it. But now she's the butt of jokes on Saturday Night Live, in the tabloids and on the late night shows. She laughed it off, but the jokes made about her at the Golden Globes got under her skin," said a source to Radar Online.
"The jokes being made about her love life embarrass her, but it's finally hit home with Taylor. She really wants to make an effort to slow down and not jump from boyfriend to boyfriend. In a weird way all the negative press has really opened, her eyes and will be good for her!" continued the source, adding, "Taylor is so concerned the public will think she's a wh*re because she dates around, that she does not put out. What she doesn't get is that the guys keep dumping her because she's being a prude."
Prude or not, Swift has some serious issues with all the relationships she has managed to fail. Hopefully, what Swift said in her interview for Vibe Magazine is true. Swift stated she'd rather stay single for a while.
"Independence is something I've always needed, from when I was young. But I love the idea of romance and falling in love. I've never really had a long relationship. So that's something I think about for the future," explained Swift. "It's an interesting part of my personality: Part of me just wants to be alone .... Sagittarians are really independent, and we like our space. We're drawn to love but battle for that need for independence," continued the 23-year old.
By the looks of it, the memes and parody videos definitely got to Swift. Hopefully, Swift does manage to keep her word this time and try to stay single for the sake of all the men in Hollywood.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet