Galaxy S3 Mini with NFC to Rollout Soon: Would You Get One and Pay More?
By Erik Pineda | January 22, 2013 1:53 PM EST
Samsung has once again spiced up its Galaxy S3 Mini serving, this time including near-field capability (NFC) to the small Galaxy S3 sibling, the tech giant said in a press release issued this week.
Fresh from its earlier announcement that the S3 Mini will soon be offered in six attractive colour variants, Samsung decided that adding NFC chip, chiefly used for contact-less payment transactions, to the handset will generate more interest among European fans of Galaxy smartphones.
Specifically, the NFC-capable S3 Mini will be released for UK markets but this particular flavour is limited in two colours, in blue and white, Samsung said.
Distribution is widespread, according to the company press release: "The Galaxy S III Mini will be available in the UK across all major networks, key high street and out of town electrical retailers and online retailers from the end of January."
Why would you want the S3 Mini with NFC? Owners of the phone will enjoy faster file sharing experience, thanks to the wireless technology which is apparent in the Samsung device via S-Beam.
"S-Beam feature allows a 10MB music file to be shared in just two seconds by simply tapping on another S Beam-enabled device ... even without a Wi-Fi or cellular signal," Samsung said.
"Owners of the new Galaxy S III Mini will be able to share content, such as photos, videos and music, much faster and more easily ... (because) S-Beam is capable of sending larger files between phones," the company added.
The added S4 Mini feature is not exactly free, according to Engadget. While Samsung did not provide actual pricing for the NFC-capable S3 Mini, it is estimated that the technology will cost consumers around $US67, the tech site said.
Experts doubt if consumers would be willing to fork out more cash in exchange for a slight bump up on file-sharing tasks since opting out from the NFC-flavoured Galaxy S3 Mini means considerable saving.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- Biggest Australian IPO in 4 Years as Healthscope Could Raises $2.12 Billion
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales