Galaxy S3 Mini with NFC to Rollout Soon: Would You Get One and Pay More?
By Erik Pineda | January 22, 2013 1:53 PM EST
Samsung has once again spiced up its Galaxy S3 Mini serving, this time including near-field capability (NFC) to the small Galaxy S3 sibling, the tech giant said in a press release issued this week.
Fresh from its earlier announcement that the S3 Mini will soon be offered in six attractive colour variants, Samsung decided that adding NFC chip, chiefly used for contact-less payment transactions, to the handset will generate more interest among European fans of Galaxy smartphones.
Specifically, the NFC-capable S3 Mini will be released for UK markets but this particular flavour is limited in two colours, in blue and white, Samsung said.
Distribution is widespread, according to the company press release: "The Galaxy S III Mini will be available in the UK across all major networks, key high street and out of town electrical retailers and online retailers from the end of January."
Why would you want the S3 Mini with NFC? Owners of the phone will enjoy faster file sharing experience, thanks to the wireless technology which is apparent in the Samsung device via S-Beam.
"S-Beam feature allows a 10MB music file to be shared in just two seconds by simply tapping on another S Beam-enabled device ... even without a Wi-Fi or cellular signal," Samsung said.
"Owners of the new Galaxy S III Mini will be able to share content, such as photos, videos and music, much faster and more easily ... (because) S-Beam is capable of sending larger files between phones," the company added.
The added S4 Mini feature is not exactly free, according to Engadget. While Samsung did not provide actual pricing for the NFC-capable S3 Mini, it is estimated that the technology will cost consumers around $US67, the tech site said.
Experts doubt if consumers would be willing to fork out more cash in exchange for a slight bump up on file-sharing tasks since opting out from the NFC-flavoured Galaxy S3 Mini means considerable saving.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 To Boost Telstra’s Income By $500 Million
- Smaller Australian Telcos Required To Have Usage Alert For Customers To Avoid Phone Bill Shock
- Addiction Rehabilitation Leader BioCorRx, Inc. Participates In San Francisco’s eMoneyShow
- BlackBerry to Host ‘See The Bigger Picture’ Event in London, Dubai & Toronto on Sep 24
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display