UFO, Alien Relic? 300-Million-Year-Old Aluminum Artifact Discovered in Russia [PHOTO]
By Arlene Paredes | January 22, 2013 1:06 PM EST
A metal detail found by a man in Russia has reportedly been studied and found to be 300 million years old. Findings prompted speculations that the relic could have been left behind by a UFO or some aliens who visited the Earth those many years ago.
The Voice of Russia reported a man from the Russian city of Vladivostok found a metal detail stuck to a piece of coal. The object comes in a "distinctive shape which was reminiscent of a modern tooth-wheel."
The man was lighting fire to heat his home when he spotted the odd object. Without naming the man, the 'Voice' reported he sought the help of "scientists of Primorye region" to study his find. The scientists reportedly said the object was man-made and it was supposedly 300 million years old.
The technology to craft the metal detail found by the man did not exist on Earth at the time of its supposed manufacture. The material found in the object, particularly the 2 per cent magnesium, prompted speculations that the object could not have been of Earthly origin.
In another report from Beforeitsnews.com, the object has been subjected to X-ray diffraction analysis to study its components. Results showed the object is made of "very pure aluminum with microimpurities of magnesium of only 2 - 4 percent."
Igor Okunev, a senior fellow at the St. Petersburg Institute of Nuclear Physics, is the scientist who reportedly confirmed the age of the metal detail. The accompanying photo appears on joy4mind.com, a news curation web site that reports paranormal finds.
"No more than seven centimeters long, the object was found to be composed of 98 percent aluminum and 2 per cent magnesium. On the one hand, such an alloy stalled the scientists because nearly pure aluminum is very rarely found in nature," reads The Voice of Russia report.
"After the discovery came public, conspirators were quick to dub it 'a UFO tooth-wheel.' Russian scientists, however, do not jump to conclusions and will run further tests to learn more about the strange artifact," the 'Voice' report says.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans