UFO, Alien Relic? 300-Million-Year-Old Aluminum Artifact Discovered in Russia [PHOTO]
By Arlene Paredes | January 22, 2013 1:06 PM EST
A metal detail found by a man in Russia has reportedly been studied and found to be 300 million years old. Findings prompted speculations that the relic could have been left behind by a UFO or some aliens who visited the Earth those many years ago.
The Voice of Russia reported a man from the Russian city of Vladivostok found a metal detail stuck to a piece of coal. The object comes in a "distinctive shape which was reminiscent of a modern tooth-wheel."
The man was lighting fire to heat his home when he spotted the odd object. Without naming the man, the 'Voice' reported he sought the help of "scientists of Primorye region" to study his find. The scientists reportedly said the object was man-made and it was supposedly 300 million years old.
The technology to craft the metal detail found by the man did not exist on Earth at the time of its supposed manufacture. The material found in the object, particularly the 2 per cent magnesium, prompted speculations that the object could not have been of Earthly origin.
In another report from Beforeitsnews.com, the object has been subjected to X-ray diffraction analysis to study its components. Results showed the object is made of "very pure aluminum with microimpurities of magnesium of only 2 - 4 percent."
Igor Okunev, a senior fellow at the St. Petersburg Institute of Nuclear Physics, is the scientist who reportedly confirmed the age of the metal detail. The accompanying photo appears on joy4mind.com, a news curation web site that reports paranormal finds.
"No more than seven centimeters long, the object was found to be composed of 98 percent aluminum and 2 per cent magnesium. On the one hand, such an alloy stalled the scientists because nearly pure aluminum is very rarely found in nature," reads The Voice of Russia report.
"After the discovery came public, conspirators were quick to dub it 'a UFO tooth-wheel.' Russian scientists, however, do not jump to conclusions and will run further tests to learn more about the strange artifact," the 'Voice' report says.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy:Camilla And Princess Eugenie Reportedly Jealous, Claimed Duchess Only Good At Making Babies
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- This Model Thinks She Is A Bombshell After Plastic Surgery Costing £30,000 Makes Her Look Like A Sex Toy
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone