UFO, Alien Relic? 300-Million-Year-Old Aluminum Artifact Discovered in Russia [PHOTO]
By Arlene Paredes | January 22, 2013 1:06 PM EST
A metal detail found by a man in Russia has reportedly been studied and found to be 300 million years old. Findings prompted speculations that the relic could have been left behind by a UFO or some aliens who visited the Earth those many years ago.
The Voice of Russia reported a man from the Russian city of Vladivostok found a metal detail stuck to a piece of coal. The object comes in a "distinctive shape which was reminiscent of a modern tooth-wheel."
The man was lighting fire to heat his home when he spotted the odd object. Without naming the man, the 'Voice' reported he sought the help of "scientists of Primorye region" to study his find. The scientists reportedly said the object was man-made and it was supposedly 300 million years old.
The technology to craft the metal detail found by the man did not exist on Earth at the time of its supposed manufacture. The material found in the object, particularly the 2 per cent magnesium, prompted speculations that the object could not have been of Earthly origin.
In another report from Beforeitsnews.com, the object has been subjected to X-ray diffraction analysis to study its components. Results showed the object is made of "very pure aluminum with microimpurities of magnesium of only 2 - 4 percent."
Igor Okunev, a senior fellow at the St. Petersburg Institute of Nuclear Physics, is the scientist who reportedly confirmed the age of the metal detail. The accompanying photo appears on joy4mind.com, a news curation web site that reports paranormal finds.
"No more than seven centimeters long, the object was found to be composed of 98 percent aluminum and 2 per cent magnesium. On the one hand, such an alloy stalled the scientists because nearly pure aluminum is very rarely found in nature," reads The Voice of Russia report.
"After the discovery came public, conspirators were quick to dub it 'a UFO tooth-wheel.' Russian scientists, however, do not jump to conclusions and will run further tests to learn more about the strange artifact," the 'Voice' report says.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Conspiracy Theory: MH17 Actually the Lost MH370, Ukraine Wreckage 'Not MH17'
- Humans at Their Worst: MH17 Victims' Credit Cards Used in Ukraine, Phones 'Answered' by Strangers
- Plane Crash Deaths in 2014 More Than Twice as Many in 2013; Crash Clusters 'Coincidental'
- Viral Video Dance-off: Dad Shows Dancing Skills with Daughter to the Ariana Grande Hit Song Titled Problem
- Viral Video Dancing Old Man: Grandpa Throws Away Canes to Show He Can Still Dance [WATCH VIDEO]
- Google Nexus 6 Speculations Now Include Price: Five Fresh Features to Unpack on New Android Smart Phone in October/November Release Date
- Apple's iPhone 6 vs. Xiaomi Mi 4: Specifications, Features and Prices
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- A Florida Widow Wins $23.6 Billion Lawsuit Against Tobacco Company
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide