iPhone 6 Release Date in June Tagged as ‘iPhone Math’ with 4.8in Screen and 12MP Camera?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 22, 2013 10:40 AM EST
For some people, the name "iPhone Math" is quite unusual and illogical for Apple and its smartphone. Some tech websites and blogs explained that this could be a poor translation since the rumour is from China.
Some websites claimed that "iPhone Math" could mean "iPhone Plus" or "iPhone +", which makes more sense.
The rumoured release date coincides with the prediction of some analysts. Jefferies analyst Peter Misek told investors in a note this week that Apple is currently testing two new iPhone prototypes. One of the prototypes is the next generation of iPhone, while the other is the rumoured cheaper iPhone.
Misek also said that the company will commence production of the smartphones in March in preparation for a mid-year launch around June or July.
Apple will take an aim on other smartphones as the next generation of iPhone is reported to sport a 4.8inch screen display similar to that of Samsung Galaxy S3.
Another exciting rumour of the smartphones is that the device will sport a 12 megapixels rear shooter. Other rumoured features of the next iPhone are super HD camera, massive internal storage of 128GB, Near Field Communication, a better battery and IGZO screen display.
The iPhone 6 may also become smarter and more secured with the aid of a fingerprint sensor. The rumour is included in note of KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, who has a superb track record in iPhone rumours.
The rumour is backed by the fact that Apple bought AuthenTec in 2012. They were well known for their fingerprint scanning technology.
Last week, the Wall Street Journal reported that Apple had halved its orders for the iPhone 5. The report led Apple's share price to dip below $500 per share. From a high of $700 plus to sub $500 value of its stock has shaken the market analysts. The company that was thought to be the best bet in the market has lost around twenty five percent of its value in just over three months.
However, the company remained hushed on the rumours towards its flagship phone and on its plans for this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More