Fonblet: Samsung’s 5.8-inch Phone with Two SIMs
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 22, 2013 10:29 AM EST
Samsung seems to be full of surprises packed with many new devices this 2013. Before, the question was "Is it a phone, a tablet?" but this time it is "What is it that is sort of a phone and sort of a tablet?" Well, the answer would be Fonblet.
It may be a lousy name for a mobile device but this new Samsung gadget is rumored for an upcoming launch. The 5.8 inches smartphone/tablet combination will soon arrive in European market and the device is similar to the Galaxy Player 5.8 being sold only in South Korea.
The "phablet" coined term is currently being used to any device with screen size larger than 5 inches, but the Fonblet name will serve as the Samsung trademark to this kind of device. This upcoming launch of the Samsung Fonblet acts also as a sign that larger devices are going to be released in 2013 and could link to the much awaited Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Samsung Fonblet is expected to make a demonstration in the upcoming Mobile World Congress in February in Barcelona, Spain, and the possibility that the tech giant will give confirmation to speculations that the Galaxy Note 3 sports 6.3-inches of screen, the fantasy device called Galaxy Note 8.0, and another talk about the Galaxy S4.
For now, here are some technical details about this new breed of "phablet" from Samsung.
- 5.8-inch TFT display with qHD resolution
- Dual-SIM support
- Android 4.1.2 or 4.2.1 Jellybean version
- 3MP camera
- Bluetooth 4.0
According to Sammobile, Samsung will announce an official statement anytime soon about the fonblet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales