Fonblet: Samsung’s 5.8-inch Phone with Two SIMs
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 22, 2013 10:29 AM EST
Samsung seems to be full of surprises packed with many new devices this 2013. Before, the question was "Is it a phone, a tablet?" but this time it is "What is it that is sort of a phone and sort of a tablet?" Well, the answer would be Fonblet.
It may be a lousy name for a mobile device but this new Samsung gadget is rumored for an upcoming launch. The 5.8 inches smartphone/tablet combination will soon arrive in European market and the device is similar to the Galaxy Player 5.8 being sold only in South Korea.
The "phablet" coined term is currently being used to any device with screen size larger than 5 inches, but the Fonblet name will serve as the Samsung trademark to this kind of device. This upcoming launch of the Samsung Fonblet acts also as a sign that larger devices are going to be released in 2013 and could link to the much awaited Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Samsung Fonblet is expected to make a demonstration in the upcoming Mobile World Congress in February in Barcelona, Spain, and the possibility that the tech giant will give confirmation to speculations that the Galaxy Note 3 sports 6.3-inches of screen, the fantasy device called Galaxy Note 8.0, and another talk about the Galaxy S4.
For now, here are some technical details about this new breed of "phablet" from Samsung.
- 5.8-inch TFT display with qHD resolution
- Dual-SIM support
- Android 4.1.2 or 4.2.1 Jellybean version
- 3MP camera
- Bluetooth 4.0
According to Sammobile, Samsung will announce an official statement anytime soon about the fonblet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery