Fonblet: Samsung’s 5.8-inch Phone with Two SIMs
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 22, 2013 10:29 AM EST
Samsung seems to be full of surprises packed with many new devices this 2013. Before, the question was "Is it a phone, a tablet?" but this time it is "What is it that is sort of a phone and sort of a tablet?" Well, the answer would be Fonblet.
It may be a lousy name for a mobile device but this new Samsung gadget is rumored for an upcoming launch. The 5.8 inches smartphone/tablet combination will soon arrive in European market and the device is similar to the Galaxy Player 5.8 being sold only in South Korea.
The "phablet" coined term is currently being used to any device with screen size larger than 5 inches, but the Fonblet name will serve as the Samsung trademark to this kind of device. This upcoming launch of the Samsung Fonblet acts also as a sign that larger devices are going to be released in 2013 and could link to the much awaited Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Samsung Fonblet is expected to make a demonstration in the upcoming Mobile World Congress in February in Barcelona, Spain, and the possibility that the tech giant will give confirmation to speculations that the Galaxy Note 3 sports 6.3-inches of screen, the fantasy device called Galaxy Note 8.0, and another talk about the Galaxy S4.
For now, here are some technical details about this new breed of "phablet" from Samsung.
- 5.8-inch TFT display with qHD resolution
- Dual-SIM support
- Android 4.1.2 or 4.2.1 Jellybean version
- 3MP camera
- Bluetooth 4.0
According to Sammobile, Samsung will announce an official statement anytime soon about the fonblet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’