Fonblet: Samsung’s 5.8-inch Phone with Two SIMs
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 22, 2013 10:29 AM EST
Samsung seems to be full of surprises packed with many new devices this 2013. Before, the question was "Is it a phone, a tablet?" but this time it is "What is it that is sort of a phone and sort of a tablet?" Well, the answer would be Fonblet.
It may be a lousy name for a mobile device but this new Samsung gadget is rumored for an upcoming launch. The 5.8 inches smartphone/tablet combination will soon arrive in European market and the device is similar to the Galaxy Player 5.8 being sold only in South Korea.
The "phablet" coined term is currently being used to any device with screen size larger than 5 inches, but the Fonblet name will serve as the Samsung trademark to this kind of device. This upcoming launch of the Samsung Fonblet acts also as a sign that larger devices are going to be released in 2013 and could link to the much awaited Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Samsung Fonblet is expected to make a demonstration in the upcoming Mobile World Congress in February in Barcelona, Spain, and the possibility that the tech giant will give confirmation to speculations that the Galaxy Note 3 sports 6.3-inches of screen, the fantasy device called Galaxy Note 8.0, and another talk about the Galaxy S4.
For now, here are some technical details about this new breed of "phablet" from Samsung.
- 5.8-inch TFT display with qHD resolution
- Dual-SIM support
- Android 4.1.2 or 4.2.1 Jellybean version
- 3MP camera
- Bluetooth 4.0
According to Sammobile, Samsung will announce an official statement anytime soon about the fonblet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools