Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to Receive Jelly Bean Software Update
By Sarmistha Acharya | January 21, 2013 11:44 PM EST
As expected, the South Korean tech titan has rolled out the upgrade for some of its Galaxy devices but a few are yet to receive the same.
Unfortunately, Samsung did not add the 7in Galaxy Tab dubbed as Galaxy Tab 7.7, which features a high resolution display, in the Jelly Bean upgrade list.
Meanwhile in a move to debunk the blame, Samsung Thailand has confirmed Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 which is available in both 3G and Wi-Fi versions. The company's official site notes that the tablet is expected to receive Android v4.1.
The Galaxy Tab 7.7 is company's first tablet to feature a 7.7in Super AMOLED display, notes Sammobile. The device was first shipped with Android Honeycomb software version and was upgraded with Android Ice Cream Sandwich software in July last year. Later that month, the tablet was banned over the patent dispute issue with Apple. The device was previously banned in Germany but latest ruling prevents Samsung from selling the device in any of the European countries, reports The Verge.
Released in 2011 (December), the tablet comes in three storage options: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB and supports microSD card for storage expansion. It is powered by an Exynos chip featuring a dual-core Cortex-A9 processor clocked at 1.4GHz, and paired with Mali-400MP graphics unit. It features a three megapixel rear-camera and a front-camera of two megapixel.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James