Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 to Receive Jelly Bean Software Update
By Sarmistha Acharya | January 21, 2013 11:44 PM EST
As expected, the South Korean tech titan has rolled out the upgrade for some of its Galaxy devices but a few are yet to receive the same.
Unfortunately, Samsung did not add the 7in Galaxy Tab dubbed as Galaxy Tab 7.7, which features a high resolution display, in the Jelly Bean upgrade list.
Meanwhile in a move to debunk the blame, Samsung Thailand has confirmed Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 which is available in both 3G and Wi-Fi versions. The company's official site notes that the tablet is expected to receive Android v4.1.
The Galaxy Tab 7.7 is company's first tablet to feature a 7.7in Super AMOLED display, notes Sammobile. The device was first shipped with Android Honeycomb software version and was upgraded with Android Ice Cream Sandwich software in July last year. Later that month, the tablet was banned over the patent dispute issue with Apple. The device was previously banned in Germany but latest ruling prevents Samsung from selling the device in any of the European countries, reports The Verge.
Released in 2011 (December), the tablet comes in three storage options: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB and supports microSD card for storage expansion. It is powered by an Exynos chip featuring a dual-core Cortex-A9 processor clocked at 1.4GHz, and paired with Mali-400MP graphics unit. It features a three megapixel rear-camera and a front-camera of two megapixel.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced