Samsung To Launch Massive 5.8 Inch Android Smartphone
By Vijaykumar Meti | January 21, 2013 8:22 PM EST
The South Korean mobile maker Samsung Electronics is reportedly gearing up to release a new high-end smartphone with an extra-large display measuring 5.8 inch and is likely to run on an Android operating system, probably a Jelly Bean variant.
According to a recent post on SamMobile, which tracks Samsung-related rumors, Samsung will soon launch the Galaxy Fonblet (GT-I9152) featuring a massive 5.8 inch display. The model number indicates that the device will also come with dual-SIM support and it is yet unclear whether it runs on Android v4.1.2 or v4.2.1 (Jelly Bean) operating system out-of-the-box.
The new device is expected to launch in pure white color and go on sale in Europe. Other specifications of the new device are yet to be made available. If reports are to be believed, then the Galaxy Fonblet may be one of the eye-catchy devices in the next month's Mobile World Congress (MWC) held at Barcelona.
Apparently, it bears close semblances to the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.8, a media player which is exclusively sold only in the Korean market. The Galaxy Player 5.8 (media player) features a 5.8 inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) screen with Quarter-HD (QHD) resolution display, sport 3 megapixel camera, Bluetooth 4.0 and run on Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) operating system.
SamMobile claims to have the confirmed specifications list of the upcoming Galaxy Note 8 (which is set to be released in the MWC). Reportedly, Galaxy Note 8 is expected to feature an 8 inch LCD display with 1280 X 800 pixel resolution, 5 megapixel primary camera and 1.3 megapixel secondary camera, 2GB RAM, up to 32GB of internal storage and run on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) operating system.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery