EU Morning Report - Dijsselbloem new Eurogroup chief
By NikolasX | January 21, 2013 7:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) has been trending between 1.33 and 1.32 against the US dollar (USD) ahead of today’s Eurogroup Meeting. Dutch Finance Minister, Jeroen Dijsselbloem, set to replace Jean-Claud Junker as head of the group, will set forth his roadmap for the euro area. As Head of the Eurogroup, Mr. Dijsselbloem will play a critical role, like his predecessor, in managing the European Debt Crisis and bringing consensus amongst other members.
§ The UK100 (FTS) which tracks London’s FTSE100 has gained substantial ground on Friday’s session closing at 6128. Today it could correct amid lower demand.
§ Brent Crude (BRT), currently at 111.50, has been moving higher amid volatile trading. Over the long term however lower highs are noticed, a sign of bearish behaviour.
§ The euro (EUR) has substantially gained against the pound (GBP) in Friday’s session. The sterling has continued to slide amid positive European news. A break above 0.84 could mean a breakout into higher levels and higher volatility
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.3360||SHORT @ 1.3360||33% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||89.35||LONG @ 89.35
||51% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5910||SHORT @ 1.5910||62% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0530||SHORT @ 1.0530||32% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1697||SHORT @ 1697||63% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||94.90||LONG @ 94.90
||15% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||07:00||German PPI m/m
|.||EUR||13:30||Wholesale Sales m/m
The US dollar (USD) climbed to its highest level against the Japanese yen (JPY) since 2009 and found resistance at 90.23 after which it eased back down to 89.60 where it has firm support. The yen has weakened against the greenback since the new PM Abe is expected to be quite lenient on Japanese monetary policy.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers
- ISIS Will Target the U.S. Power Grid, Former CIA Says; Could Tap Other Fellow Extremist Groups to Do the Job
- Jennifer Lawrence's Nude Photos Leaked on Find My iPhone, Apple 'Outraged' But Says Systems 'Not Breached'
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged