EU Morning Report - Dijsselbloem new Eurogroup chief
By NikolasX | January 21, 2013 7:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) has been trending between 1.33 and 1.32 against the US dollar (USD) ahead of today’s Eurogroup Meeting. Dutch Finance Minister, Jeroen Dijsselbloem, set to replace Jean-Claud Junker as head of the group, will set forth his roadmap for the euro area. As Head of the Eurogroup, Mr. Dijsselbloem will play a critical role, like his predecessor, in managing the European Debt Crisis and bringing consensus amongst other members.
§ The UK100 (FTS) which tracks London’s FTSE100 has gained substantial ground on Friday’s session closing at 6128. Today it could correct amid lower demand.
§ Brent Crude (BRT), currently at 111.50, has been moving higher amid volatile trading. Over the long term however lower highs are noticed, a sign of bearish behaviour.
§ The euro (EUR) has substantially gained against the pound (GBP) in Friday’s session. The sterling has continued to slide amid positive European news. A break above 0.84 could mean a breakout into higher levels and higher volatility
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.3360||SHORT @ 1.3360||33% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||89.35||LONG @ 89.35
||51% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5910||SHORT @ 1.5910||62% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0530||SHORT @ 1.0530||32% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1697||SHORT @ 1697||63% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||94.90||LONG @ 94.90
||15% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||07:00||German PPI m/m
|.||EUR||13:30||Wholesale Sales m/m
The US dollar (USD) climbed to its highest level against the Japanese yen (JPY) since 2009 and found resistance at 90.23 after which it eased back down to 89.60 where it has firm support. The yen has weakened against the greenback since the new PM Abe is expected to be quite lenient on Japanese monetary policy.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed