EU Morning Report - Dijsselbloem new Eurogroup chief
By NikolasX | January 21, 2013 7:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) has been trending between 1.33 and 1.32 against the US dollar (USD) ahead of today’s Eurogroup Meeting. Dutch Finance Minister, Jeroen Dijsselbloem, set to replace Jean-Claud Junker as head of the group, will set forth his roadmap for the euro area. As Head of the Eurogroup, Mr. Dijsselbloem will play a critical role, like his predecessor, in managing the European Debt Crisis and bringing consensus amongst other members.
§ The UK100 (FTS) which tracks London’s FTSE100 has gained substantial ground on Friday’s session closing at 6128. Today it could correct amid lower demand.
§ Brent Crude (BRT), currently at 111.50, has been moving higher amid volatile trading. Over the long term however lower highs are noticed, a sign of bearish behaviour.
§ The euro (EUR) has substantially gained against the pound (GBP) in Friday’s session. The sterling has continued to slide amid positive European news. A break above 0.84 could mean a breakout into higher levels and higher volatility
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.3360||SHORT @ 1.3360||33% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||89.35||LONG @ 89.35
||51% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5910||SHORT @ 1.5910||62% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0530||SHORT @ 1.0530||32% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1697||SHORT @ 1697||63% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||94.90||LONG @ 94.90
||15% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||07:00||German PPI m/m
|.||EUR||13:30||Wholesale Sales m/m
The US dollar (USD) climbed to its highest level against the Japanese yen (JPY) since 2009 and found resistance at 90.23 after which it eased back down to 89.60 where it has firm support. The yen has weakened against the greenback since the new PM Abe is expected to be quite lenient on Japanese monetary policy.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery