EU Morning Report - Dijsselbloem new Eurogroup chief
By NikolasX | January 21, 2013 7:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) has been trending between 1.33 and 1.32 against the US dollar (USD) ahead of today’s Eurogroup Meeting. Dutch Finance Minister, Jeroen Dijsselbloem, set to replace Jean-Claud Junker as head of the group, will set forth his roadmap for the euro area. As Head of the Eurogroup, Mr. Dijsselbloem will play a critical role, like his predecessor, in managing the European Debt Crisis and bringing consensus amongst other members.
§ The UK100 (FTS) which tracks London’s FTSE100 has gained substantial ground on Friday’s session closing at 6128. Today it could correct amid lower demand.
§ Brent Crude (BRT), currently at 111.50, has been moving higher amid volatile trading. Over the long term however lower highs are noticed, a sign of bearish behaviour.
§ The euro (EUR) has substantially gained against the pound (GBP) in Friday’s session. The sterling has continued to slide amid positive European news. A break above 0.84 could mean a breakout into higher levels and higher volatility
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.3360||SHORT @ 1.3360||33% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||89.35||LONG @ 89.35
||51% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5910||SHORT @ 1.5910||62% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0530||SHORT @ 1.0530||32% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1697||SHORT @ 1697||63% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||94.90||LONG @ 94.90
||15% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||07:00||German PPI m/m
|.||EUR||13:30||Wholesale Sales m/m
The US dollar (USD) climbed to its highest level against the Japanese yen (JPY) since 2009 and found resistance at 90.23 after which it eased back down to 89.60 where it has firm support. The yen has weakened against the greenback since the new PM Abe is expected to be quite lenient on Japanese monetary policy.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install