EU Morning Report - Dijsselbloem new Eurogroup chief
By NikolasX | January 21, 2013 7:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) has been trending between 1.33 and 1.32 against the US dollar (USD) ahead of today’s Eurogroup Meeting. Dutch Finance Minister, Jeroen Dijsselbloem, set to replace Jean-Claud Junker as head of the group, will set forth his roadmap for the euro area. As Head of the Eurogroup, Mr. Dijsselbloem will play a critical role, like his predecessor, in managing the European Debt Crisis and bringing consensus amongst other members.
§ The UK100 (FTS) which tracks London’s FTSE100 has gained substantial ground on Friday’s session closing at 6128. Today it could correct amid lower demand.
§ Brent Crude (BRT), currently at 111.50, has been moving higher amid volatile trading. Over the long term however lower highs are noticed, a sign of bearish behaviour.
§ The euro (EUR) has substantially gained against the pound (GBP) in Friday’s session. The sterling has continued to slide amid positive European news. A break above 0.84 could mean a breakout into higher levels and higher volatility
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.3360||SHORT @ 1.3360||33% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||89.35||LONG @ 89.35
||51% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5910||SHORT @ 1.5910||62% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0530||SHORT @ 1.0530||32% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1697||SHORT @ 1697||63% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||94.90||LONG @ 94.90
||15% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||07:00||German PPI m/m
|.||EUR||13:30||Wholesale Sales m/m
The US dollar (USD) climbed to its highest level against the Japanese yen (JPY) since 2009 and found resistance at 90.23 after which it eased back down to 89.60 where it has firm support. The yen has weakened against the greenback since the new PM Abe is expected to be quite lenient on Japanese monetary policy.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation