UFO Sighting: LA Police Helicopter Accompanied by Strange Craft in Witness Photo [VIDEOS]
By Arlene Paredes | January 21, 2013 5:03 PM EST
A UFO sighting witness from the west-central San Fernando Valley in Los Angeles (CA) reported having photographed a strange craft with the L.A.P.D. helicopter while working on some practice shots.
The witness, from Winnetka, was taking photos in his backyard when he spotted the L.A.P.D. helicopter from above. "I decided to take a picture of the helicopter with the blades clearly visible," the witness writes in this MUFON (Mutual UFO Network) report.
"I had set the camera to a shutter speed of 1/250sec in an attempt to catch to rotors of the L.A.P.D. helicopter," he writes. But the photographer did not have the chance to look closely at his photo until December last year. It was then that he caught the strange object in the frame.
"I blew up the picture, and could not believe at what I was looking at," the report continues. He explains in his MUFON report that he is a bird watcher, but the object he saw did not look like a bird at all.
The witness claims he did not see the strange flying object when he took the photo. He reckons it could have been flying fast. "The only other objects with motion blur are the three blades. I also do not believe that [strange object] is a toy because it would be flying very close to the police helicopter. Whatever this object is, it was in my opinion, flying at a high rate of speed, fast enough that it is not visible to one's eyes."
The witness uploaded to MUFON a 2.70MB (4912 x 3264 pixels) photo. The photo here has been cropped for a closer look at the helicopter. The witness, who reported the sighting on Jan. 18, did not leave his name on the MUFON Web site.
Scroll down for another UFO sighting report, this time from Amherst in Massachusetts.
VIDEOS: Amherst UFO reports, talk of the small town
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop