Samsung Galaxy S4: 5 Reasons to Upgrade Your Smartphone in 2013? [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | January 21, 2013 1:57 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S4 will be launched within the first quarter of this year, according to rumours and speculations. If you're a gadget shopper who is unsure whether or not to upgrade at this time, perhaps the upcoming smartphone from the Korean tech giant could help you decide.
Need upgrade? Here are five of the best reasons to upgrade to Samsung Galaxy S IV (if rumours proved to be accurate):
1. Exynos 5 Octa. Samsung unveiled its new processor for its upcoming devices at the CES event early this month. The Exynos 5 Octa is made up of two sets of four cores, which are expected to significantly improve a gadget's performance. It also has a power-saving mode to extend battery life, which is very important when the user is on the go.
2. Super AMOLED 4.99-inch Full HD display (1920 x 1080p, 440ppi) and 2GB of RAM. Enjoy a stunning display matched to a robust memory. The Samsung Galaxy S IV will be delightful to the user's sight and mind, if rumours are accurate. Imagine looking at a beautiful HD screen without having to wait for extra milliseconds-to-seconds for a desired process to complete. Breezy.
3. Qi wireless charging standard. This had been a rumoured feature of the Galaxy S III in the past, but this time, Samsung could be ready to deliver the capability for the Galaxy S4. With this, users will be able to buy wireless charging docks from third party sellers, too.
4. Foldable, bendable display. Granted, these rumours may come from wishful thinking. Samsung did present some prototype flexible displays at the recent CES event, but it did not indicate such feature will be in the Galaxy S4. Still, imagine a screen so flexible, you can roll it up on your desk. If you're still on the fence when it comes to buying a new phone, better stay there until further announcements.
5. Rear-facing 13-megapixel camera with 2-megapixel front-facing secondary camera. Users can go on trips without packing a point-and-shoot camera. They can print photos without worrying about sloppy pixels in these quality-driven mobile camera specs. If the Galaxy S4 would come out with these features, mobile photography enthusiasts would certainly be curious, at least.
If Samsung Galaxy S4 is not the next smartphone in your gadget shopping list, it will still not hurt to wait a couple more months before buying a phone upgrade. It is still too early in the year and it looks like high-end Android devices have prepared a lot of delightful surprises. You may compare the Galaxy S IV rumoured specs against other high-end smartphones (as well as your current mobile device) to further help you in your smartphone upgrading path.
VIDEO: Samsung Galaxy S4 rumoured specs
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced