The Mentalist Season 5 Ep 13, 'The Red Barn:' Could Red John be Oscar Ardiles?
By Arlene Paredes | January 21, 2013 1:15 PM EST
The Mentalist Season 5 Episode 13 will not air until next week, but this is one episode worth waiting for, considering the recent developments in the series. After Volker's arrest, Patrick Jane and Teresa Lisbon will be dealing with Visualize again. Several possibilities lay ahead as viewers wonder whether DA guy Oscar Ardiles is Red John himself. (If only Visualize leader Bret Stiles would spill already.)
The Mentalist Season 5: Jane Gets Closer to Red John through Connections
Tommy Volker first appeared on seventh episode of The Mentalist Season 5 ("If It Bleeds, It Leads"). He is seen watching with pleasure as a potential CBI witness is strangled to death by his hired killer. In this same episode, Robert Kirkland surfaced to warn Lisbon against pursuing Volker. Speculations on both men's Red John connection quickly ran through the viewers' thoughts.
Next week's episode will bring CBI's attention back to Visualize. Detectives will look into a 25-year-old case with links to Visualize and Red John. This develops as Lisbon contemplates her future following Volker's arrest.
Here are five of the many 'Mentalist' questions circling among the viewers of the CBS show created by Bruno Heller:
1. How is Bret Stiles, Visualize leader, connected to Red John? He could be an accomplice. He could also be an enemy. It was Stiles who led Jane to the catatonic Kristina Frye. He also helped Jane recover Lorelei Martins. Either Stiles is playing Jane as part of Red John's schemes, or he, too, has been following Red John's movements to protect his followers.
2. When will Robert Kirkland return? He is believed to be the guy in the limo (with FBI Agent Alexa Shultz) on the 100th episode of the series, "Red Dawn." Some viewers suspected he could be Red John, others pointed out he does not fit Lorelei's clue - someone who had exchanged a handshake with Jane.
3. How is Volker connected to Red John? Due to his cold-blooded nature, Volker had also been suspected to be Red John himself, or an accomplice. However, his sloppy, panicky moves in the most recent episode quashed those speculations. But if Kirkland, who has a Red John connection is in his tail, he could also be in the serial killer's network.
4. Could Oscar Ardiles be Red John? He first appeared on the penultimate Season 3 episode. He works at the DA's office, so he frequenly works with the CBI team. He represented the DA against Jane in the killing of Timothy Carter. He is in Jane's list of suspects. Sleuthing viewers pointed out the title of Season 5 Episode 9, "Red Sails in the Sunset" is an anagram of "hunts Ardiles its seen."
5. How long before Jane catches the real Red John? The Mentalist is returning for a sixth season, and it does not appear to be the series' last.
VIDEO: Patrick Jane vs Red John -- How it all began
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed