Facebook App Gains Voice Messaging Feature
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 21, 2013 10:47 AM EST
Facebook recently got an update and it features Voice Messaging in its app for Android. The users can expect full support for voice messages and faster image rendering. Facebook users can also share their friends' stories directly on their own timelines which before was exclusive to the desktop version.
The Facebook voice message feature activates by pressing the "+" in the chat box then tap the "Record" button and hold it down to record the voice message you want to send. When ready, release the button to send the message. Relatively, the sending of voice messages is quite fast and can be heard by the recipient.
The Facebook Messenger app also released free voice calling over Wi-Fi or mobile data connection within the messenger for U.S. and Canada users. It is also expected that their messenger app will soon have video calling similar to that of Skype. For now, there are apps in Google Play which allows video calling for Facebook.
Facebook App includes the following features:
- Facebook Timeline
- Share posts, photos, and videos
- Notifications from messages, invites, and comments
- Text, chat, and group conversation services
- Games and applications now in mobile app
The recent update was on Jan 18, 2013 and has the following changelogs:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness