Chelsea v Arsenal: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Team News
By Vishnuprasad S | January 20, 2013 7:15 PM EST
Chelsea host Arsenal at Stamford Bridge in the London derby, with the Blues desperate to improve their poor home form in the Premier League.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 1.30pm GMT, with Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 1 HD and Sky Sports 3D providing live coverage in the UK. You can watch the game's highlights on Match of the Day 2 on BBC One and BBC One HD at 10.25pm GMT.
The fixture sees London's two most successful clubs renewing their rivalry. The result could prove crucial in the race for a top four finish, so we can expect a tight contest.
Chelsea are on a terrible run of form at Stamford Bridge, with just one win from their last eight home matches in the league, which includes squandering a two-goal lead against Southampton last week. The run has left Rafael Benitez's men third in the league table, 13 points behind leaders Manchester United.
Arsenal, on the other hand, will be looking to bounce back from last week's 2-0 defeat to Manchester City at the Emirates, their first loss in six matches. The Gunners are yet to pick up a league win this year but did book a place in the fourth round of the FA Cup with a 1-0 win over Swansea City at home in midweek. Arsene Wenger's side currently sit sixth but a win in this game could see them displace Everton in fifth.
The reverse fixture at the Emirates Stadium in September finished 2-1 to Chelsea. However, Arsenal beat the Blues 5-3 in the same fixture last season, thanks to a hat-trick from former skipper Robin van Persie, making Arsenal the first and only away side to score five goals in a top flight game at Stamford Bridge.
- Last Five Matches (all competitions, most recent first): D W L W L
- Last Match: Chelsea 2-2 Southampton
- Last Five Matches (all competitions, most recent first): W L D D W
- Last Match: Arsenal 1-0 Swansea City
Chelsea: Both John Obi Mikel and Victor Moses are with the Nigeria squad competing in the Africa Cup of Nations. Benitez will also be without former on-loan Arsenal player Yossi Benayoun and Oriol Romeu (both knee). However, captain John Terry has a late test and could start the game, following his return from a knee injury that had kept him out since November.
Probable Line-up: (4-2-3-1): Cech; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole; Luiz, Lampard; Ramires, Mata, Hazard; Ba
Arsenal: Mikel Arteta, Tomas Rosicky (both calf) and Lukasz Fabianski (back) remain sidelined for the Gunners, while Gervinho is in South Africa with Ivory Coast. However, Laurent Koscielny is back from a one-match suspension and is expected to start.
Probable Line-up: (4-2-3-1): Szczesny; Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs; Diaby, Wilshere; Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski; Walcott
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales