Chelsea v Arsenal: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Team News
By Vishnuprasad S | January 20, 2013 7:15 PM EST
Chelsea host Arsenal at Stamford Bridge in the London derby, with the Blues desperate to improve their poor home form in the Premier League.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 1.30pm GMT, with Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 1 HD and Sky Sports 3D providing live coverage in the UK. You can watch the game's highlights on Match of the Day 2 on BBC One and BBC One HD at 10.25pm GMT.
The fixture sees London's two most successful clubs renewing their rivalry. The result could prove crucial in the race for a top four finish, so we can expect a tight contest.
Chelsea are on a terrible run of form at Stamford Bridge, with just one win from their last eight home matches in the league, which includes squandering a two-goal lead against Southampton last week. The run has left Rafael Benitez's men third in the league table, 13 points behind leaders Manchester United.
Arsenal, on the other hand, will be looking to bounce back from last week's 2-0 defeat to Manchester City at the Emirates, their first loss in six matches. The Gunners are yet to pick up a league win this year but did book a place in the fourth round of the FA Cup with a 1-0 win over Swansea City at home in midweek. Arsene Wenger's side currently sit sixth but a win in this game could see them displace Everton in fifth.
The reverse fixture at the Emirates Stadium in September finished 2-1 to Chelsea. However, Arsenal beat the Blues 5-3 in the same fixture last season, thanks to a hat-trick from former skipper Robin van Persie, making Arsenal the first and only away side to score five goals in a top flight game at Stamford Bridge.
- Last Five Matches (all competitions, most recent first): D W L W L
- Last Match: Chelsea 2-2 Southampton
- Last Five Matches (all competitions, most recent first): W L D D W
- Last Match: Arsenal 1-0 Swansea City
Chelsea: Both John Obi Mikel and Victor Moses are with the Nigeria squad competing in the Africa Cup of Nations. Benitez will also be without former on-loan Arsenal player Yossi Benayoun and Oriol Romeu (both knee). However, captain John Terry has a late test and could start the game, following his return from a knee injury that had kept him out since November.
Probable Line-up: (4-2-3-1): Cech; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole; Luiz, Lampard; Ramires, Mata, Hazard; Ba
Arsenal: Mikel Arteta, Tomas Rosicky (both calf) and Lukasz Fabianski (back) remain sidelined for the Gunners, while Gervinho is in South Africa with Ivory Coast. However, Laurent Koscielny is back from a one-match suspension and is expected to start.
Probable Line-up: (4-2-3-1): Szczesny; Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs; Diaby, Wilshere; Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski; Walcott
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’