Chelsea v Arsenal: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Team News
By Vishnuprasad S | January 20, 2013 7:15 PM EST
Chelsea host Arsenal at Stamford Bridge in the London derby, with the Blues desperate to improve their poor home form in the Premier League.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 1.30pm GMT, with Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 1 HD and Sky Sports 3D providing live coverage in the UK. You can watch the game's highlights on Match of the Day 2 on BBC One and BBC One HD at 10.25pm GMT.
The fixture sees London's two most successful clubs renewing their rivalry. The result could prove crucial in the race for a top four finish, so we can expect a tight contest.
Chelsea are on a terrible run of form at Stamford Bridge, with just one win from their last eight home matches in the league, which includes squandering a two-goal lead against Southampton last week. The run has left Rafael Benitez's men third in the league table, 13 points behind leaders Manchester United.
Arsenal, on the other hand, will be looking to bounce back from last week's 2-0 defeat to Manchester City at the Emirates, their first loss in six matches. The Gunners are yet to pick up a league win this year but did book a place in the fourth round of the FA Cup with a 1-0 win over Swansea City at home in midweek. Arsene Wenger's side currently sit sixth but a win in this game could see them displace Everton in fifth.
The reverse fixture at the Emirates Stadium in September finished 2-1 to Chelsea. However, Arsenal beat the Blues 5-3 in the same fixture last season, thanks to a hat-trick from former skipper Robin van Persie, making Arsenal the first and only away side to score five goals in a top flight game at Stamford Bridge.
- Last Five Matches (all competitions, most recent first): D W L W L
- Last Match: Chelsea 2-2 Southampton
- Last Five Matches (all competitions, most recent first): W L D D W
- Last Match: Arsenal 1-0 Swansea City
Chelsea: Both John Obi Mikel and Victor Moses are with the Nigeria squad competing in the Africa Cup of Nations. Benitez will also be without former on-loan Arsenal player Yossi Benayoun and Oriol Romeu (both knee). However, captain John Terry has a late test and could start the game, following his return from a knee injury that had kept him out since November.
Probable Line-up: (4-2-3-1): Cech; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole; Luiz, Lampard; Ramires, Mata, Hazard; Ba
Arsenal: Mikel Arteta, Tomas Rosicky (both calf) and Lukasz Fabianski (back) remain sidelined for the Gunners, while Gervinho is in South Africa with Ivory Coast. However, Laurent Koscielny is back from a one-match suspension and is expected to start.
Probable Line-up: (4-2-3-1): Szczesny; Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs; Diaby, Wilshere; Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski; Walcott
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tim Tebow Stars in SEC Network Commercial
- Fernando Alonso Describes Michael Schumacher as the Strongest Opponent He Has Faced in F1
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Serena Williams and Patrick Mouratoglou Break-up Unlikely, Coach Posts Instagram Photos of Girlfriend
- UFC President Dana White Says He is Very Excited for Anderson Silva’s Comeback in January
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015