Chelsea v Arsenal: Where to Watch Live, Preview and Team News
By Vishnuprasad S | January 20, 2013 7:15 PM EST
Chelsea host Arsenal at Stamford Bridge in the London derby, with the Blues desperate to improve their poor home form in the Premier League.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 1.30pm GMT, with Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 1 HD and Sky Sports 3D providing live coverage in the UK. You can watch the game's highlights on Match of the Day 2 on BBC One and BBC One HD at 10.25pm GMT.
The fixture sees London's two most successful clubs renewing their rivalry. The result could prove crucial in the race for a top four finish, so we can expect a tight contest.
Chelsea are on a terrible run of form at Stamford Bridge, with just one win from their last eight home matches in the league, which includes squandering a two-goal lead against Southampton last week. The run has left Rafael Benitez's men third in the league table, 13 points behind leaders Manchester United.
Arsenal, on the other hand, will be looking to bounce back from last week's 2-0 defeat to Manchester City at the Emirates, their first loss in six matches. The Gunners are yet to pick up a league win this year but did book a place in the fourth round of the FA Cup with a 1-0 win over Swansea City at home in midweek. Arsene Wenger's side currently sit sixth but a win in this game could see them displace Everton in fifth.
The reverse fixture at the Emirates Stadium in September finished 2-1 to Chelsea. However, Arsenal beat the Blues 5-3 in the same fixture last season, thanks to a hat-trick from former skipper Robin van Persie, making Arsenal the first and only away side to score five goals in a top flight game at Stamford Bridge.
- Last Five Matches (all competitions, most recent first): D W L W L
- Last Match: Chelsea 2-2 Southampton
- Last Five Matches (all competitions, most recent first): W L D D W
- Last Match: Arsenal 1-0 Swansea City
Chelsea: Both John Obi Mikel and Victor Moses are with the Nigeria squad competing in the Africa Cup of Nations. Benitez will also be without former on-loan Arsenal player Yossi Benayoun and Oriol Romeu (both knee). However, captain John Terry has a late test and could start the game, following his return from a knee injury that had kept him out since November.
Probable Line-up: (4-2-3-1): Cech; Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Terry, Cole; Luiz, Lampard; Ramires, Mata, Hazard; Ba
Arsenal: Mikel Arteta, Tomas Rosicky (both calf) and Lukasz Fabianski (back) remain sidelined for the Gunners, while Gervinho is in South Africa with Ivory Coast. However, Laurent Koscielny is back from a one-match suspension and is expected to start.
Probable Line-up: (4-2-3-1): Szczesny; Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs; Diaby, Wilshere; Chamberlain, Cazorla, Podolski; Walcott
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones