Box Office King Salman Khan Strikes ₹500-Crore Deal
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 20, 2013 1:05 AM EST
Bollywood actor Salman Khan is reaping rich harvest following back-to-back success of his recent films, as he has reportedly struck a ₹500-crore deal with Star India, which is owned by media mogul Rupert Murdoch.
It is reported that Star India has struck a deal with the 47-year-old actor for the television rights of all his films that hits the theatres in the next five years. The deal is estimated to be around ₹450 and ₹500 crore.
Salman has confirmed the news of the new deal with Star India but refused to share the details.
"While there is a growth in the overall box office, the biggest cinema hall today is the TV. The biggest film can only draw in an audience of 2-3 crore people while a television premiere can reach 20-30 crore people, this is the biggest change taking place," Star India's Chief Operating Officer Sanjay Gupta told the Times of India.
The stupendous success of his recent releases like "Dabangg", "Ready", "Bodyguard", "Ek Tha Tiger" and "Dabangg 2" has made Salman the undisputed box office king in Bollywood. Most of his recent releases crossed ₹200-crore mark.
Salman has a few big films in the offing like - "Radhe", "Kick", and "Entry Mein Entry" and "Dabangg3".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- Beyonce’s ‘Ring Off’ Isn’t About Her Alleged Crumbling Marriage to Jay Z, But About Her Parents [VIDEOS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced