Box Office King Salman Khan Strikes ₹500-Crore Deal
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 20, 2013 1:05 AM EST
Bollywood actor Salman Khan is reaping rich harvest following back-to-back success of his recent films, as he has reportedly struck a ₹500-crore deal with Star India, which is owned by media mogul Rupert Murdoch.
It is reported that Star India has struck a deal with the 47-year-old actor for the television rights of all his films that hits the theatres in the next five years. The deal is estimated to be around ₹450 and ₹500 crore.
Salman has confirmed the news of the new deal with Star India but refused to share the details.
"While there is a growth in the overall box office, the biggest cinema hall today is the TV. The biggest film can only draw in an audience of 2-3 crore people while a television premiere can reach 20-30 crore people, this is the biggest change taking place," Star India's Chief Operating Officer Sanjay Gupta told the Times of India.
The stupendous success of his recent releases like "Dabangg", "Ready", "Bodyguard", "Ek Tha Tiger" and "Dabangg 2" has made Salman the undisputed box office king in Bollywood. Most of his recent releases crossed ₹200-crore mark.
Salman has a few big films in the offing like - "Radhe", "Kick", and "Entry Mein Entry" and "Dabangg3".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- 'White Collar' Season 6, Episode 6 Spoiler: Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey Dies In Finale Speculations, Mozzie Dies And 'Baby Neal' In Facebook Comments
- Kate Middleton News: The Duchess Glams Up In Queen’s Christmas Lunch After Controversial Hoodie [PHOTOS]