Box Office King Salman Khan Strikes ₹500-Crore Deal
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 20, 2013 1:05 AM EST
Bollywood actor Salman Khan is reaping rich harvest following back-to-back success of his recent films, as he has reportedly struck a ₹500-crore deal with Star India, which is owned by media mogul Rupert Murdoch.
It is reported that Star India has struck a deal with the 47-year-old actor for the television rights of all his films that hits the theatres in the next five years. The deal is estimated to be around ₹450 and ₹500 crore.
Salman has confirmed the news of the new deal with Star India but refused to share the details.
"While there is a growth in the overall box office, the biggest cinema hall today is the TV. The biggest film can only draw in an audience of 2-3 crore people while a television premiere can reach 20-30 crore people, this is the biggest change taking place," Star India's Chief Operating Officer Sanjay Gupta told the Times of India.
The stupendous success of his recent releases like "Dabangg", "Ready", "Bodyguard", "Ek Tha Tiger" and "Dabangg 2" has made Salman the undisputed box office king in Bollywood. Most of his recent releases crossed ₹200-crore mark.
Salman has a few big films in the offing like - "Radhe", "Kick", and "Entry Mein Entry" and "Dabangg3".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft