Box Office King Salman Khan Strikes ₹500-Crore Deal
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 20, 2013 1:05 AM EST
Bollywood actor Salman Khan is reaping rich harvest following back-to-back success of his recent films, as he has reportedly struck a ₹500-crore deal with Star India, which is owned by media mogul Rupert Murdoch.
It is reported that Star India has struck a deal with the 47-year-old actor for the television rights of all his films that hits the theatres in the next five years. The deal is estimated to be around ₹450 and ₹500 crore.
Salman has confirmed the news of the new deal with Star India but refused to share the details.
"While there is a growth in the overall box office, the biggest cinema hall today is the TV. The biggest film can only draw in an audience of 2-3 crore people while a television premiere can reach 20-30 crore people, this is the biggest change taking place," Star India's Chief Operating Officer Sanjay Gupta told the Times of India.
The stupendous success of his recent releases like "Dabangg", "Ready", "Bodyguard", "Ek Tha Tiger" and "Dabangg 2" has made Salman the undisputed box office king in Bollywood. Most of his recent releases crossed ₹200-crore mark.
Salman has a few big films in the offing like - "Radhe", "Kick", and "Entry Mein Entry" and "Dabangg3".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools
- Galaxy Note 4 Release Date Ahead of iPhone 6 Sept 2014 Debut; Specced-Up but Remains Plastic-Wrapped – Reports