Box Office King Salman Khan Strikes ₹500-Crore Deal
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 20, 2013 1:05 AM EST
Bollywood actor Salman Khan is reaping rich harvest following back-to-back success of his recent films, as he has reportedly struck a ₹500-crore deal with Star India, which is owned by media mogul Rupert Murdoch.
It is reported that Star India has struck a deal with the 47-year-old actor for the television rights of all his films that hits the theatres in the next five years. The deal is estimated to be around ₹450 and ₹500 crore.
Salman has confirmed the news of the new deal with Star India but refused to share the details.
"While there is a growth in the overall box office, the biggest cinema hall today is the TV. The biggest film can only draw in an audience of 2-3 crore people while a television premiere can reach 20-30 crore people, this is the biggest change taking place," Star India's Chief Operating Officer Sanjay Gupta told the Times of India.
The stupendous success of his recent releases like "Dabangg", "Ready", "Bodyguard", "Ek Tha Tiger" and "Dabangg 2" has made Salman the undisputed box office king in Bollywood. Most of his recent releases crossed ₹200-crore mark.
Salman has a few big films in the offing like - "Radhe", "Kick", and "Entry Mein Entry" and "Dabangg3".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet