Samsung Galaxy S4 Spotted In Benchmark Tests With Exynos 5 Octa CPU, Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean: Is It A Real Deal?
By Kukil Bora | January 19, 2013 8:02 PM EST
Gone are the days when an upcoming Apple iPhone or iPad was the only device that would keep the tech world busy churning out rumors and speculations. Today, there’s another player in the market, which is equally capable of building enormous hypes around its next gen flagship devices – Samsung.
At a time when the eyes of Samsung fans all around the world are set on anything and everything related to the yet-to-be-released Galaxy S4 smartphone, a new report has popped up, taking the rumor mill to another height. The much anticipated smartphone from the South Korean tech giant has already made appearance via a benchmarking database a couple of times, even months before its expected release timeframe, SamMobile has reported.
The report said, citing two reports from Japanese site Blue Ringer Men, Galaxy S4 had been spotted in Antutu Benchmarks in two variants -- the Korean variant (SHV-E300S) and the International (British) variant (GT-I9500). Both the variants are listed featuring the powerful Exynos 5 Octa (8-core) processor, clocked at 1.8GHz, and the Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean.
On Thursday, it was reported that the new Exynos 5 Octa CPU based on ARM’s big.LITTLE architecture introduced at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) 2013 in Las Vegas last week would likely to power Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
In case both of the devices eventually feature the new 8-core CPU, “then Samsung is clearly investing quite a bit to make sure this new processor is built to last,” according to Droid Life.
However, since neither of these benchmarks can confirm anything, it’s advised to take this information with a grain of salt until anything more reliable appears. But even if they are genuine ones, these devices could just be prototypes that the company might be using, meaning that there is “no guarantee that either of these features will arrive on the final product,” Gotta Be Mobile has reported.
One interesting thing to note here is the reported model number for the international variant of Galaxy S4 – “GT-I9500,” which corresponds to some earlier reports betting on the same code to be the handset’s model number.
Last week, there was a report saying that Samsung apparently began listing Galaxy S4 on its Global Download Center page under the model number “GT-i9500X.” The “X” in the device’s code name was seen indicating more than one version of the smartphone.
As per the latest rumors go, Samsung Galaxy S4 is expected to be released in the middle of this year. At the beginning of this month, Samsung Lebanon hinted that the Galaxy S4 wouldn’t be made available before May.
Apart from the Exynos 5 Octa CPU and Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean, the smartphone is rumored to feature Mali-T658 (8-Core) GPU, 4.99-inch SuperAMOLED Full HD Resolution Display with 1,920 x 1,080 pixels (445ppi), 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel rear-facing camera capable of shooting 1080p Full HD Videos at 30FPS and a 2 megapixel front facing camera capable of shooting 720p HD Videos. Inclusion of wireless charging technology was rumored recently.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists