AUD/USD Cracking Channel Support
By Fan Yang | January 19, 2013 6:32 AM EST
Forex Technical Update
AUD/USD 4H chart 1/18/2013 10:30AM EST
Channel Support: AUD/USD has been choppily creeping down from the 1.0597 January-high. When it got to the 1.05 area, it was testing a rising channel support as seen in the 4H chart. The market is showing some crack of this trendline. It is also testing the 200 4H SMA. The 4H RSI reading is at 40. A bullish market should hold the RSI above 40, so below that would be a sign of Aussie losing bullish momentum.
Some possible targets are 1.0470 in the near-term, 50% retracement. Then 61.8% retracement is at 1.0440. and 78.6% retracement is just under 1.04. I think there is a chance for an attempt toward 1.04 if the market can show resistance at 1.05 now that this level is broken. Back above 1.0525/30 however makes it unclear, and a rally above the projected falling channel would be a sign of bullish continuation, especially if the RSI held above 40, and the market stayed above the 200SMA.
Fan Yang CMT is a forex trader, analyst, educator and Chief Technical Strategist for FXTimes - provider of Forex News, Analysis, Education, Videos, Charts, and other trading resources.
Information and opinions contained in this report are for educational purposes only and do not constitute an investment advice. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness. FXTimes will not accept liability for any loss of profit or damage which may arise directly, indirectly or consequently from use of or reliance on the trading set-ups or any accompanying chart analysis.
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast