AUD/USD Cracking Channel Support
By Fan Yang | January 19, 2013 6:32 AM EST
Forex Technical Update
AUD/USD 4H chart 1/18/2013 10:30AM EST
Channel Support: AUD/USD has been choppily creeping down from the 1.0597 January-high. When it got to the 1.05 area, it was testing a rising channel support as seen in the 4H chart. The market is showing some crack of this trendline. It is also testing the 200 4H SMA. The 4H RSI reading is at 40. A bullish market should hold the RSI above 40, so below that would be a sign of Aussie losing bullish momentum.
Some possible targets are 1.0470 in the near-term, 50% retracement. Then 61.8% retracement is at 1.0440. and 78.6% retracement is just under 1.04. I think there is a chance for an attempt toward 1.04 if the market can show resistance at 1.05 now that this level is broken. Back above 1.0525/30 however makes it unclear, and a rally above the projected falling channel would be a sign of bullish continuation, especially if the RSI held above 40, and the market stayed above the 200SMA.
Fan Yang CMT is a forex trader, analyst, educator and Chief Technical Strategist for FXTimes - provider of Forex News, Analysis, Education, Videos, Charts, and other trading resources.
Information and opinions contained in this report are for educational purposes only and do not constitute an investment advice. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness. FXTimes will not accept liability for any loss of profit or damage which may arise directly, indirectly or consequently from use of or reliance on the trading set-ups or any accompanying chart analysis.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June