AUD/USD Cracking Channel Support
By Fan Yang | January 19, 2013 6:32 AM EST
Forex Technical Update
AUD/USD 4H chart 1/18/2013 10:30AM EST
Channel Support: AUD/USD has been choppily creeping down from the 1.0597 January-high. When it got to the 1.05 area, it was testing a rising channel support as seen in the 4H chart. The market is showing some crack of this trendline. It is also testing the 200 4H SMA. The 4H RSI reading is at 40. A bullish market should hold the RSI above 40, so below that would be a sign of Aussie losing bullish momentum.
Some possible targets are 1.0470 in the near-term, 50% retracement. Then 61.8% retracement is at 1.0440. and 78.6% retracement is just under 1.04. I think there is a chance for an attempt toward 1.04 if the market can show resistance at 1.05 now that this level is broken. Back above 1.0525/30 however makes it unclear, and a rally above the projected falling channel would be a sign of bullish continuation, especially if the RSI held above 40, and the market stayed above the 200SMA.
Fan Yang CMT is a forex trader, analyst, educator and Chief Technical Strategist for FXTimes - provider of Forex News, Analysis, Education, Videos, Charts, and other trading resources.
Information and opinions contained in this report are for educational purposes only and do not constitute an investment advice. While the information contained herein was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, author does not guarantee its accuracy or completeness. FXTimes will not accept liability for any loss of profit or damage which may arise directly, indirectly or consequently from use of or reliance on the trading set-ups or any accompanying chart analysis.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists