Jack Osbourne Defends Lance Armstrong after Oprah Doping Confession
By Toyin Owoseje | January 18, 2013 11:22 PM EST
Jack Osbourne has defended shamed cyclist Lance Armstrong after the former Tour de France champion confessed to using performance-enhancing drugs.
Despite Armstrong admitting to being a "cheat" during an explosive interview on Oprah's Next Chapter, 27-year-old adrenalin junkie Jack, the son of rock icon Ozzy Osbourne, described him as a symbol of "hope".
While much of the online community erupted over Armstrong's public admission about the scandal that unravelled in October, Osbourne told his fans on Twitter that he did not care if the award-winning sportsman lied.
In a message to his 325,000 followers, the former reality star said: "Honestly I don't care that Lance doped. He gave people hope and that's more important then anything. So what if he lied. #livestrong"
Father of one Osbourne, who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2012, criticised Winfrey for interviewing Armstrong like a "prosecutor".
Condemning the 58-year-old talk show queen he said: "Why did Oprah talk to Lance Armstrong like a prosecutor? Yes or no, does Oprah annoy you?"
After years of fierce denials, Armstrong finally came clean in the televised interview about using performance-enhancing drug to secure his world titles.
"I view this situation as one big lie that I repeated a lot of times," he told Winfrey.
"The definition of cheat is to gain an advantage on a rival or foe that they didn't have. I didn't view it that way. I viewed it as a level playing field."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories