Jack Osbourne Defends Lance Armstrong after Oprah Doping Confession
By Toyin Owoseje | January 18, 2013 11:22 PM EST
Jack Osbourne has defended shamed cyclist Lance Armstrong after the former Tour de France champion confessed to using performance-enhancing drugs.
Despite Armstrong admitting to being a "cheat" during an explosive interview on Oprah's Next Chapter, 27-year-old adrenalin junkie Jack, the son of rock icon Ozzy Osbourne, described him as a symbol of "hope".
While much of the online community erupted over Armstrong's public admission about the scandal that unravelled in October, Osbourne told his fans on Twitter that he did not care if the award-winning sportsman lied.
In a message to his 325,000 followers, the former reality star said: "Honestly I don't care that Lance doped. He gave people hope and that's more important then anything. So what if he lied. #livestrong"
Father of one Osbourne, who was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in 2012, criticised Winfrey for interviewing Armstrong like a "prosecutor".
Condemning the 58-year-old talk show queen he said: "Why did Oprah talk to Lance Armstrong like a prosecutor? Yes or no, does Oprah annoy you?"
After years of fierce denials, Armstrong finally came clean in the televised interview about using performance-enhancing drug to secure his world titles.
"I view this situation as one big lie that I repeated a lot of times," he told Winfrey.
"The definition of cheat is to gain an advantage on a rival or foe that they didn't have. I didn't view it that way. I viewed it as a level playing field."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools