Tottenham Face Fight From CL Adversary For Moroccan Winger - Report
By Vanessa Keller | January 18, 2013 10:39 PM EST
Tottenham and Everton are set to make a bid for Montpellier star Younes Belhanda, according to reports in France, with the winger looking likely to make a move to the Premier League before January deadline day comes to a close.
Belhanda has scored eight times so far this season for the Ligue 1 outfit, and was close at one point in the month to joining Turkish side Fenerbahce.
"We have put our efforts to sign Younes Belhanda on hold, the asking price for Belhanda has risen to an astronomical level," he told Turkish Football.
"We met with Belhanda however, the current price being quoted is too high. We are in talks with a few other players however, will not be revealing any names.
"As soon as we tell the media who we are negotiating with the players price increases. We will have completed our transfers within the next week."
Tottenham were believed to be in dicussions with the 22 year old last week, and now L'Equipe is reporting that Everton are also showing serious interest in Belhanda, seeing him as a possible replacement for Marouane Fellaini if the winger does indeed leave Goodison Park.
The fee demanded by Montpellier is reportedly around £10 million, which would be a very affordable price for both Tottenham and the Toffees, who would profit around £22 million if they did let go of Fellaini.
Both clubs are currently in contention for a Champions League spot; while Tottenham are fourth in the table, Everton are only three points behind and have been the surprise success of the season.
And with that in mind, Belhanda would bring improvement to the attacking line-up of either club, and with just two weeks left to go in the January window, both will be getting ready for the often manic last week.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28