Morgan Stanley Says Hero Motocorp Shares To Underperform Sensex Over 'Disappointing' Q3 Earnings
January 18, 2013 6:03 PM EST
* Morgan Stanley says Hero MotoCorp's shares will fall relative to India's benchmark index over the next 60
days on the back of "disappointing" Q3 earnings.
* India's largest motorcycle maker missed estimates for the fourth straight quarter as net profit fell 20.4 percent
on rising costs and falling sales that battered margins.
* The investment bank maintains its 'underweight' rating on the stock, while reducing its earnings estimates by 5 percent for
FY13, and 3 percent for FY14, saying that the decline in Hero's margins is more structural than cyclical.
* "Most of the miss came at the operating level and was attributed to lower gross margins of new launches (Maestro and
Ignitor) and increased sales promotion costs," Morgan Stanley said in the report.
* Hero MotoCorp has fallen 4.3 percent in 2013 as of Thursday's close, compared with a 2.8 percent rise in India's benchmark
index in the same period.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Economic Growth In US And Sub-Saharan Africa Allay 2015 Recession Fears
- Travel Alert: Over 200 Canadians Infected with Mosquito-Borne Chikungunya Virus
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- US Dedicates 5 Airports for Travellers From Ebola-Stricken Nations, Lawmakers Want Travel Ban
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports