Morgan Stanley Says Hero Motocorp Shares To Underperform Sensex Over 'Disappointing' Q3 Earnings
January 18, 2013 6:03 PM EST
* Morgan Stanley says Hero MotoCorp's shares will fall relative to India's benchmark index over the next 60
days on the back of "disappointing" Q3 earnings.
* India's largest motorcycle maker missed estimates for the fourth straight quarter as net profit fell 20.4 percent
on rising costs and falling sales that battered margins.
* The investment bank maintains its 'underweight' rating on the stock, while reducing its earnings estimates by 5 percent for
FY13, and 3 percent for FY14, saying that the decline in Hero's margins is more structural than cyclical.
* "Most of the miss came at the operating level and was attributed to lower gross margins of new launches (Maestro and
Ignitor) and increased sales promotion costs," Morgan Stanley said in the report.
* Hero MotoCorp has fallen 4.3 percent in 2013 as of Thursday's close, compared with a 2.8 percent rise in India's benchmark
index in the same period.
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones