iPad 5 Release Date Pegged in June/July 2013, Says Analyst
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 18, 2013 3:52 PM EST
The upcoming iPad 5 will most probably be released either in June or July, according to an analyst.
KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo believes that the fifth generation of Apple's tablet will arrive mid this year. She expects the 9.7-inch fifth generation iPad to feature a design that is more or less similar to the iPad Mini, "significantly lighter and slimmer" than the design featured in the third- and fourth-generation models.
Due to its narrow border design, the iPad 5 should come with an advanced software meant to ignore accidental touching on the screen when the camera is held with one hand.
Kuo also believes that the release date of the iPad 5 is scheduled for the third quarter of 2013, which comes in contrast with recent rumours that the device will be released in the month of March, as was the case with the first three generations of the tablet.
Kuo expects the second-generation iPad Mini to feature a 7.9 inch Retina display with a resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels, the same resolution as the 9.7-inch iPad. In addition, the analyst estimates that the long-awaited Apple iTV will not hit the market before 2014.
According to Kuo, the iPhone 5S will be arrive mid this year. In a note to investors received by MacRumors, the analyst explains that the next iPhone would not offer much different from the current model.
Reports said that the next iPhone will include a "Super HD" screen display and camera. Speculations claimed that it is beyond the Full HD displays in HTC Droid DNA.
This notion is backed up by an analyst. According to Jefferies stock analyst Peter Misek, "the iPhone 5S/6 has a new 'super HD camera/screen, a better battery, and NFC,' and 'possible updates include an IGZO screen for Retina+, 128GB storage."
We may see two iPhone launches this year: one in second quarter of 2013 and another in third or fourth quarter of the year. This is backed by the reports that Apple is looking to switch to a 6-month cycle instead of a 1-year cycle with the iPhone to be more aggressive against competitors such as Samsung and Google.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys