Australia Concerts 2013: Sweet music down under with Weezer, P!nk, Blink 182, One Direction & the Stones
By Gilda Galang | January 18, 2013 2:57 PM EST
Australian music fans will hit high notes and see the Weezer cut the drought this year, among other musical highlights, as five much-awaited and loved bands and artists come together to the make some sweet music.
This year is all about the finding truth in love, making some sweet soundwaves, dancing with the boy bands, creating history after 16 years, and potentially enjoying a show from the real rock n' roll.
Sixteen years after their first Australian tour--back when Alanis Morissette still sings about Irony in the most ironic of ways--Weezer will finally play down under for The Memories Tour featuring their Blue Album.
Triple J even gave fans a glimpse of the band's setlist, which includes some of their best hits (If You're Wondering If I want You to) I Want You To, El SCorcho, Perfect Situation, and The Good Life, as well as songs from The Blue Album: Buddy Holly, Say It Ain't So, and Only in Dreams.
Brisbane and Melbourne fans have already enjoyed the first Weezer visit, but those lucky enough to book their tickets early can catch Weezer on these remaining dates: January 19th at the Entertainment Centre in Sydney and January 23 at Perth Arena.
It's going to be a three-month long love-touring for fans of P!nk as she plays for 12 dates in five locations all over Australia for her Truth About Love 2013 Tour.
That means two shows in Perth Arena (June 25-26), the Adelaide Entertainment Center (July 1-2), Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne (July 7,8, and 10), Brisbane Entertainment Centre (July 19-20), and the Sydney Entertainment Centre (July 30-31, August 2), according to P!nks official Pink World Tour 2013 Facebook.
It seems that much as P!nk loves the land down under-"I love Australia, Carey loves it. It's not like Australia's some foreign land to us, it feels as close to home as any other country," she saysin an interview with News.com.au-her fans love her just as much. As early as October last year, News.com.au reported that P!nk's 2013 Australian tour has sold 320,000.
Eight long years of anticipation, nail-biting, and hoping for Australian fans of punk band Blink 182 have come to an end this 2013. New Musical Express (NME) reports that the band will join the Soundwave Festival this February, happening all over Australia.
What's more good news? Drummer Travis Barker will complete the trio. Barker was in a plane crash in 2008, which, though he fortunately survived it, had developed a phobia of flying.
In an interview with NME, Barker said, "I'm contemplating getting knocked out and getting on a plane to Australia. I want to overcome that eventually."
Catch the trio in the following venues (dates care of MusicFeeds.com: February 20 at Allphones Arena, Sydney, February 22 at The Marquee at RNA Showgrounds, Brisbane, and on February 26 and 27 at the Myer Music Bowl, Melbourne.
On November 26, 2012, several One Direction fans got devastated when they found out that the scheduled tour dates of English-Irish boy band One Direction had been moved because of schedule conflicts.
The Examiner reported that this was because of the conflict in the fans' schedule. With the concert moved from September to mid-October, these will just be in time for major exams.
However, new revisions to the schedule have accommodated the fans' pleas, with a bonus of adding a new show. Now they will be playing in eight locations all over Australia from September 23 to October 30.
The Rolling Stones
As early as October last year, the Sydney Morning Herald has reported that legend rockers The Rolling Stones voice out hopes of rockin' 'n' rollin' in Australia as part of their 50th anniversary in 2013.
Originally a two-night in London, two in New Jersey tour, according to Spin, Mick Jagger announced in The Age that they are now planning to play in Australia. Given Jagger's strong roots in Sydney, it's highly likely that the four-show 50th anniversary concert may turn into a fiver.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions