Google Nexus 4: LG Remains Steadfast Amidst Low Supply Complaints
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 18, 2013 11:48 AM EST
Low supply of Google Nexus 4 has disappointed numerous consumers that wanted the device on their hands. However, LG France Communications Director Cathy Robin affirmed that there are no problems with the Nexus 4 supply chain since the manufacturing company remains devoted to its continuous production.
Nexus 4 supply is anticipated to develop on February. In her interview with Challenges.fr, LG Director Cathy Robin attached some of the supply problems on Google with their dubious foresight. It seems that Google had overestimated the Nexus 4 demand in some countries and miscalculated in the others.
"Strong forecasts for UK and German demand led to a shortage in France," Robin claimed. The LG France Director dismissed the other reports suggesting that LG will minimize the Nexus 4 production after its launch last November 2012.
Google Nexus 4 immediately sold out in United Kingdom which proves that the device is a high-demand product. "As with any sales process, LG supplies product quantities against partners' or customers' forecasts, demand via the Play Store has been very high in this instance," Andy Coughlin, head of mobile at the UK arm of LG, stated.
Cathy Robin's assurance on the continuous production of Nexus 4 contradicts the claim of Google UK Managing Director Dan Cobley. Expressing his frustration over the Nexus 4 stock shortage, Dan Cobley put the blame on LG stating that the company had been inconsistent with the production of the device.
"I know that what you are going through is unacceptable and we are all working through the nights and weekends to resolve this issue. Supplies from the manufacturer are scarce and erratic, and our communication has been flawed. I can offer an unreserved apology for our service and communication failures in this process," Cobley stated to the upset consumers.
Though supply issues surround the Google Nexus 4, there are still new reports rising about the upcoming LG Nexus devices like the Nexus 5 smart phone and Nexus 7.7 tablet that may still attract the disappointed consumers. Both devices are claimed to feature the newly-announced Tegra 4 chipsets from NVIDIA with a scheduled launch on May 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible---Report
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks