Sandy Hook 'Conspiracy Theory' Goes Viral: What questions were raised? [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | January 18, 2013 11:42 PM EST
A month after the Sandy Hook shooting incident in Connecticut, a conspiracy theory video has gone viral after someone raised questions on the details surrounding the tragedy. The provocative clip has drawn over 10 million viewers in a week's time.
YouTube user Think Outside the TV appears to have collaborated with other users on the video sharing site. The uploader begins by saying he is not blaming anyone ("not pointing the finger") but "it seems something is going on."
Sandy Hook 'Conspiracy Theory' video was sparked by 'confusion'
The video description states, "(T)his is not meant to offend anyone but merely to raise questions that need to be answered."
When you follow this link to the video, YouTube will notify you that the content is "potentially offensive or inappropriate." The video is over 30 minutes long.
Twenty children and six adults were killed at the tragic Sandy Hook shooting on Dec. 14. U.S. President Barack Obama had teared up during an emotional address. The lone gunman, Adam Lanza, is said to have taken his own life after the unimaginable shooting spree. He was a son of an alleged gun collector, who he reportedly killed hours before the elementary school shooting. He has been pictured in the news as "socially awkward," if not mentally disturbed.
Here are the first questions raised by Think Outside the TV:
1. Who are the 2nd and/or 3rd shooter(s) mentioned in early reports?
2. How many (and what kind of) firearms were actually found at the scene?
3. Who was the "school nurse" who confirmed to a reporter that Adam Lanza's mother was a kindergarten teacher?
4. Are there reasons to believe that Emilie Parker's father was merely acting in front of cameras during a press interview?
5. Are there reasons to believe that a man who went on television about helping some kids was (also) just acting?
Nearly 300 comments have been posted so far, with users coming in from various perspectives.
Sandy Hook 'Conspiracy Question' Video, a 'Hoax?'
The timeline of the events and the individuals identified in the "conspiracy question" should be carefully examined. The Huffington Post reported talking to "experts in conspiracy theory" in relation to the controversial video.
"The classic conspiracy theorist sees the hidden hand in everything. Nothing is as it seems," Benjamin Radford, author of "Media Mythmakers" and deputy editor of the Skeptical Inquirer, told The Huffington Post.
Reacting to a portion of the video where a photo of victim Emilie Parker's sister was presented as Emilie herself, Radford said:
"What the rest of us see [with President Obama in the photo] is Emilie Parker's sister, but they're looking at the exact same photograph and they are interpreting it very differently."
Other interviews with "experts" suggest viewers should watch "The Sandy Hook Shooting - Fully Exposed" with balanced views. The video makes certain claims that need double, or multiple-checking. Scroll down and play the video to see for yourself.
VIDEO: The Sandy Hook Shooting - Fully Exposed
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Reportedly Prohibits Camilla Parker-Bowles From ‘Seeing Her Family’ And Newborn
- Ebola in US: Stock Surge for Pharmaceutical Companies Working on Vaccine
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks