Sandy Hook 'Conspiracy Theory' Goes Viral: What questions were raised? [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | January 18, 2013 11:42 PM EST
A month after the Sandy Hook shooting incident in Connecticut, a conspiracy theory video has gone viral after someone raised questions on the details surrounding the tragedy. The provocative clip has drawn over 10 million viewers in a week's time.
YouTube user Think Outside the TV appears to have collaborated with other users on the video sharing site. The uploader begins by saying he is not blaming anyone ("not pointing the finger") but "it seems something is going on."
Sandy Hook 'Conspiracy Theory' video was sparked by 'confusion'
The video description states, "(T)his is not meant to offend anyone but merely to raise questions that need to be answered."
When you follow this link to the video, YouTube will notify you that the content is "potentially offensive or inappropriate." The video is over 30 minutes long.
Twenty children and six adults were killed at the tragic Sandy Hook shooting on Dec. 14. U.S. President Barack Obama had teared up during an emotional address. The lone gunman, Adam Lanza, is said to have taken his own life after the unimaginable shooting spree. He was a son of an alleged gun collector, who he reportedly killed hours before the elementary school shooting. He has been pictured in the news as "socially awkward," if not mentally disturbed.
Here are the first questions raised by Think Outside the TV:
1. Who are the 2nd and/or 3rd shooter(s) mentioned in early reports?
2. How many (and what kind of) firearms were actually found at the scene?
3. Who was the "school nurse" who confirmed to a reporter that Adam Lanza's mother was a kindergarten teacher?
4. Are there reasons to believe that Emilie Parker's father was merely acting in front of cameras during a press interview?
5. Are there reasons to believe that a man who went on television about helping some kids was (also) just acting?
Nearly 300 comments have been posted so far, with users coming in from various perspectives.
Sandy Hook 'Conspiracy Question' Video, a 'Hoax?'
The timeline of the events and the individuals identified in the "conspiracy question" should be carefully examined. The Huffington Post reported talking to "experts in conspiracy theory" in relation to the controversial video.
"The classic conspiracy theorist sees the hidden hand in everything. Nothing is as it seems," Benjamin Radford, author of "Media Mythmakers" and deputy editor of the Skeptical Inquirer, told The Huffington Post.
Reacting to a portion of the video where a photo of victim Emilie Parker's sister was presented as Emilie herself, Radford said:
"What the rest of us see [with President Obama in the photo] is Emilie Parker's sister, but they're looking at the exact same photograph and they are interpreting it very differently."
Other interviews with "experts" suggest viewers should watch "The Sandy Hook Shooting - Fully Exposed" with balanced views. The video makes certain claims that need double, or multiple-checking. Scroll down and play the video to see for yourself.
VIDEO: The Sandy Hook Shooting - Fully Exposed
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More