7 Features of a Speculated Facebook Phone
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 18, 2013 11:20 AM EST
On Thursday, Facebook announced another new feature that provides members the ability to make calls using the site's messaging app - in effect converting Facebook into a sort of a free phone. The app features a new free calling button for U.S. users which the company beta tested initially in Canada this month.
Despite the denial of a Facebook smartphone, speculations would likely go on and these features are what many FB fans would want to see in such a device.
1. Games and Apps
Farmville, Sims and Dragon City are just some of FB applications a user can allow in their pages to play freely. The games usually need more friends to gain more access to other in-game features; thus, paid items come to mind if only necessary. Other applications such as Horoscope, Pinterest, and Badoo are also available in Facebook.
2. The Timeline
This controversial Facebook interface comes with a profile photo, a cover photo, and stories in chronological order which can be shared, starred, or hidden, exploration of activity logs, and apps notifications.
3. News Feed
If the Timeline is what a guest sees in a member's profile page, the News Feed is the personal view of activities from friends, likes, and apps. Any posts in the News Feed can be deleted or hidden and privacy setting adjustments can prevent other users from posting in the Timeline.
Tag allows the user to label a person in a photo, Like feedback and connections about the user's interests, Follow subscribes the user for updates from the people they are interested in, and Poke sends a notification to the recipient that he/she has been poked.
5. Video Calling
This feature allows the user to have a video chat with another user.
6. Facebook Messenger
A stand-alone feature or app that connects the user directly to the Facebook Chat area which displays online contacts and facilitates conversations with other users.
7. Mobile Texts
The registered user will receive notifications directly to the linked mobile phone and can also respond to these notifications through text message.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists