7 Features of a Speculated Facebook Phone
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 18, 2013 11:20 AM EST
On Thursday, Facebook announced another new feature that provides members the ability to make calls using the site's messaging app - in effect converting Facebook into a sort of a free phone. The app features a new free calling button for U.S. users which the company beta tested initially in Canada this month.
Despite the denial of a Facebook smartphone, speculations would likely go on and these features are what many FB fans would want to see in such a device.
1. Games and Apps
Farmville, Sims and Dragon City are just some of FB applications a user can allow in their pages to play freely. The games usually need more friends to gain more access to other in-game features; thus, paid items come to mind if only necessary. Other applications such as Horoscope, Pinterest, and Badoo are also available in Facebook.
2. The Timeline
This controversial Facebook interface comes with a profile photo, a cover photo, and stories in chronological order which can be shared, starred, or hidden, exploration of activity logs, and apps notifications.
3. News Feed
If the Timeline is what a guest sees in a member's profile page, the News Feed is the personal view of activities from friends, likes, and apps. Any posts in the News Feed can be deleted or hidden and privacy setting adjustments can prevent other users from posting in the Timeline.
Tag allows the user to label a person in a photo, Like feedback and connections about the user's interests, Follow subscribes the user for updates from the people they are interested in, and Poke sends a notification to the recipient that he/she has been poked.
5. Video Calling
This feature allows the user to have a video chat with another user.
6. Facebook Messenger
A stand-alone feature or app that connects the user directly to the Facebook Chat area which displays online contacts and facilitates conversations with other users.
7. Mobile Texts
The registered user will receive notifications directly to the linked mobile phone and can also respond to these notifications through text message.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People