Master Chef Marco Pierre White Slammed Behavior of Triple M Adelaide Radio Hosts
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 17, 2013 4:22 PM EST
Radio hosts Dale "Louie" Lewis together with co-hosts Jon "Blakey" Blake, Ali Carle and Warren Tredrea added another embarrassment to the Austereo management team. One of the Triple M Adelaide breakfast show hosts reportedly offended their guest Marco Pierre White during an interview when he described the Master Chef a "rude prick."
The interview started off well until Marco Pierre White's three failed marriages were brought up. Dale Lewis opened up the marriage discussion when he asked White: "Hey mate, married three times, were the wives dismissed, for want of a better word, 'cause they can't cook, or didn't like your cooking? Is that an issue with them?"
The British celebrity chef answered that he considers himself a lucky person because three women wanted to marry him. It was then Dale Lewis said the offensive remark. "Yeah, 'cause if you're the rude prick you come across on TV, I wouldn't be there long either. That's just me surmising what I've seen on TV," Lewis stated.
Clearly taken aback with the snide "rude prick" comment, Marco Pierre White immediately stopped the interview and attempted to teach the host some manners. "There's no need for rudeness. I think you should say good morning to me and good bye, because one, I take offense to being called that. I haven't shown you disrespect, I haven't been rude to you. I don't like being called that word. I'm very sorry," White told Lewis.
Dale Lewis apologized and said that he was trying to have some fun. The Master Chef accepted the apology but continued to criticize the host for his behavior. "Rudeness is not having fun when it is at the expense of another person. You're a very rude man. And I hope your mother's not listening to this show today because she would not be proud of her son," White said before excusing himself and leaving the show.
According to Marco Pierre White, this is the first time he encountered disrespect in Australia after visiting the country three times in eight months. It upsets him that the Austereo radio show lacked compassion and regard for people.
"What's very sad is this is a radio show where children could be listening and to use that sort of language in front of children is wholly inappropriate. If it was for comedy purposes, it was scurrilous behavior," White said.
Austereo has already been involved in numerous offensive scandals including the Kate Middleton Royal prank call. The radio network must now take the necessary actions to pull through from the string of scandals including this latest humiliating controversy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS