Master Chef Marco Pierre White Slammed Behavior of Triple M Adelaide Radio Hosts
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 17, 2013 4:22 PM EST
Radio hosts Dale "Louie" Lewis together with co-hosts Jon "Blakey" Blake, Ali Carle and Warren Tredrea added another embarrassment to the Austereo management team. One of the Triple M Adelaide breakfast show hosts reportedly offended their guest Marco Pierre White during an interview when he described the Master Chef a "rude prick."
The interview started off well until Marco Pierre White's three failed marriages were brought up. Dale Lewis opened up the marriage discussion when he asked White: "Hey mate, married three times, were the wives dismissed, for want of a better word, 'cause they can't cook, or didn't like your cooking? Is that an issue with them?"
The British celebrity chef answered that he considers himself a lucky person because three women wanted to marry him. It was then Dale Lewis said the offensive remark. "Yeah, 'cause if you're the rude prick you come across on TV, I wouldn't be there long either. That's just me surmising what I've seen on TV," Lewis stated.
Clearly taken aback with the snide "rude prick" comment, Marco Pierre White immediately stopped the interview and attempted to teach the host some manners. "There's no need for rudeness. I think you should say good morning to me and good bye, because one, I take offense to being called that. I haven't shown you disrespect, I haven't been rude to you. I don't like being called that word. I'm very sorry," White told Lewis.
Dale Lewis apologized and said that he was trying to have some fun. The Master Chef accepted the apology but continued to criticize the host for his behavior. "Rudeness is not having fun when it is at the expense of another person. You're a very rude man. And I hope your mother's not listening to this show today because she would not be proud of her son," White said before excusing himself and leaving the show.
According to Marco Pierre White, this is the first time he encountered disrespect in Australia after visiting the country three times in eight months. It upsets him that the Austereo radio show lacked compassion and regard for people.
"What's very sad is this is a radio show where children could be listening and to use that sort of language in front of children is wholly inappropriate. If it was for comedy purposes, it was scurrilous behavior," White said.
Austereo has already been involved in numerous offensive scandals including the Kate Middleton Royal prank call. The radio network must now take the necessary actions to pull through from the string of scandals including this latest humiliating controversy.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Family of Accidentally Killed Arizona Shooting Range Instructor Charles Vacca Feels Sorry For 9-Year-Old Uzi Girl
- Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
- US Teen Violently Disowned by Family for Being Gay Receives Over $90K Support From Strangers [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How