Selena Gomez’s Parents to Prevent Actress From Getting Back with Justin Bieber?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 17, 2013 2:38 PM EST
Parents of Hollywood's young actress Selena Gomez were both thrilled and relieved that their daughter finally broke up with his boyfriend Justin Bieber.
Selena's mom Mandy and step dad Brian are actually relieved Selena is single, according to a report of Life & Style magazine.
"Selena and her mother are super close, and she doesn't want Selena held back by Justin and all this drama," the insider told the magazine.
"Her mom always thought the relationship was troubled. Selena has cut off Justin. She told him they can remain friends but she needs space for a while to get over him fully," the source quickly added.
Popstar Justin Bieber seemed not ready to let go yet of Selena. "He thinks they could get back together."
On January 9, he tweeted about the album, "Excited for #20Days from now when my acoustic album will let u know how I feel about what is going on in my life instead of rumors guessing. Put it in the music. Guess all u want I speak for myself. #20Days." Justin's album will be available on the 29th.
However, Selena's parents may intervene if the actress reconciled and be together again with Justin, especially after the singer was allegedly caught and photographed smoking marijuana with his pal Lil Twist.
Selena is definitely moving on from her painful split with Justin as she was seen looking for apartment in Los Angeles after the Golden Globes 2013. The apartment is probably a single pad to give herself more space.
At the after-party of the aforementioned star-studded event, Selena was seen flirting with "Huger Games" star Josh Hutcherson. The friendship of the two can be traced a few years back. But, it seems that Selena put the recent past behind her.
Justin and Selena are in an on and off relationship after they broke up several times because of various reasons.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies