Chinese Billionaire’s Daughter Zong Fuli Complains about Being Loveless
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 17, 2013 2:20 PM EST
If you ever wondered what it feels like to be the daughter of China's wealthiest man, here is Zong Fuli's simple response to her situation: "Rich and boyfriendless."
The 30-year-old heiress of billionaire Zong Qinghou revealed the status of her love life in an interview for the Chinese edition of Marie Claire magazine. "I feel pessimistic about love. Quite often it is hard for girls like me to find a boyfriend. Everyone knows this," Zong Fuli stated after publicly admitting that she has been single since birth.
"I have simple requests in love. He could be someone who sends me text messages every day with simple greetings such as asking whether I've eaten yet, or when I am going to bed. Just a little love and caring would be enough for me. But it is very hard to find a man like this, really," Zong Fuli shared.
The Chinese heiress admitted it has been difficult for her to determine whether men are really interested in her or they are only after the family's wealth. "It turns out all of them just want to do business," Zong Fuli declared.
Zong Fuli is the daughter of Zong Qinghou, founder and chairman of the beverage producer Hangzhou Wahaha Group. Her tycoon father holds the top spot at Forbe's 2012 China Rich List with a net worth of almost US$10 billion.
Zong Fuli finished her degree in international business at the Pepperdine University in California before returning to China in 2004. She joined the management team of the Hangzhou Wahaha group in March 2005. Since then, Zong Fuli earned the reputation of a hard-working and independent person.
Chinese sons traditionally become the family business heir but some well-known businessmen like Zong Qinghou decided to trust their family fortune with their daughters.
Meanwhile, Zong Fuli's revelation about her boyfriend woes became the most talked about topic in China's social media sites. Several men responded saying that they can be the perfect "Prince Charming" for the Chinese heiress.
"Please marry me. Does anybody have her contact info?" an unnamed male posted online. "This a great change for poor guys like me, I can afford to send text messages," another unnamed male commented.
In Sina Weibo, a Chinese social networking site similar to Twitter, users gave recommendations on what Zong Fuli should do. "Zong should give away all his money to poor children in rural villages so his daughter can find Mr. Right," one blogger posted.
"Fake a new identity and get a low-key job. Then you will find true love," another Weibo user suggested to Zong Fuli. "Forget about men, they will all go after your money," another person advised.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier