Overprotective Parents: Gomez's Mom & Dad Want Selena Bieber-Free
By Diadem Pambid | January 17, 2013 2:18 PM EST
When will all the Bieber and Gomez split drama end? Apparently, with everything that seems to go around with Selena and Justin's friends, there are still a lot of unresolved issues. For one, Bieber is desperate for Gomez's attention and is dying to get back together. However, Selena won't have the say this time because the parents are holding her back from Justin.
Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber have been dating for so long that some "Jelena" fans still refuse to believe that they really are over and done. While Bieber is to blame for his "indiscretion" and "cheating ways", Selena is also to blame for putting up with the behavior for quite a while.
Though there is a high chance of them getting back together, Selena's parents don't think it is a great idea. In fact, Selena's mom Mandy wants Selena to have nothing to do with the Canadian crooner. Even Selena's step dad, Brian, agrees on the decision by Mandy.
Mandy's choice of having her daughter getting as far away from Bieber could also be connected to the latest news of the marijuana issue. If fans may recall, Bieber has been under constant fire for the photo released earlier last week of him smoking a blunt. This had also been related to the untimely death of the paparazzi, Chris Guerra, who had been insistent of taking a photo of Bieber doing the deed.
"Selena and her mother are super close, and she doesn't want Selena held back by Justin and all this drama," said an insider to Life & Style Magazine.
Like the saying goes, "Mother knows best," Mandy has only good intentions of keeping Selena safe from all the drama.
"Her mom always thought the relationship was troubled," added the insider.
As for Gomez, all the mother-daughter talk might have rubbed off on her because news is that Selena is truly "over" and "done with Bieber."
"Selena has cut off Justin. She told him they can remain friends but she needs space for a while to get over him fully," said the source.
Even a source who happened to be talking to an allegedly drunk Gomez at the Golden Globes 2013 after party said the same thing.
"Is it true?" asked the unidentified friend, to which Selena replied, "Yep, done!"
Gomez might have made a decision but Bieber is still sure of himself. Sources claim that Justin is 100% sure they'd get back together all thanks to his acoustic album of which contains two new songs dedicated entirely to Gomez.
Hopefully, all the singing goes well for Justin because he hasn't been making any progress all thanks to the popular One Direction.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date