Overprotective Parents: Gomez's Mom & Dad Want Selena Bieber-Free
By Diadem Pambid | January 17, 2013 2:18 PM EST
When will all the Bieber and Gomez split drama end? Apparently, with everything that seems to go around with Selena and Justin's friends, there are still a lot of unresolved issues. For one, Bieber is desperate for Gomez's attention and is dying to get back together. However, Selena won't have the say this time because the parents are holding her back from Justin.
Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber have been dating for so long that some "Jelena" fans still refuse to believe that they really are over and done. While Bieber is to blame for his "indiscretion" and "cheating ways", Selena is also to blame for putting up with the behavior for quite a while.
Though there is a high chance of them getting back together, Selena's parents don't think it is a great idea. In fact, Selena's mom Mandy wants Selena to have nothing to do with the Canadian crooner. Even Selena's step dad, Brian, agrees on the decision by Mandy.
Mandy's choice of having her daughter getting as far away from Bieber could also be connected to the latest news of the marijuana issue. If fans may recall, Bieber has been under constant fire for the photo released earlier last week of him smoking a blunt. This had also been related to the untimely death of the paparazzi, Chris Guerra, who had been insistent of taking a photo of Bieber doing the deed.
"Selena and her mother are super close, and she doesn't want Selena held back by Justin and all this drama," said an insider to Life & Style Magazine.
Like the saying goes, "Mother knows best," Mandy has only good intentions of keeping Selena safe from all the drama.
"Her mom always thought the relationship was troubled," added the insider.
As for Gomez, all the mother-daughter talk might have rubbed off on her because news is that Selena is truly "over" and "done with Bieber."
"Selena has cut off Justin. She told him they can remain friends but she needs space for a while to get over him fully," said the source.
Even a source who happened to be talking to an allegedly drunk Gomez at the Golden Globes 2013 after party said the same thing.
"Is it true?" asked the unidentified friend, to which Selena replied, "Yep, done!"
Gomez might have made a decision but Bieber is still sure of himself. Sources claim that Justin is 100% sure they'd get back together all thanks to his acoustic album of which contains two new songs dedicated entirely to Gomez.
Hopefully, all the singing goes well for Justin because he hasn't been making any progress all thanks to the popular One Direction.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia