Overprotective Parents: Gomez's Mom & Dad Want Selena Bieber-Free
By Diadem Pambid | January 17, 2013 2:18 PM EST
When will all the Bieber and Gomez split drama end? Apparently, with everything that seems to go around with Selena and Justin's friends, there are still a lot of unresolved issues. For one, Bieber is desperate for Gomez's attention and is dying to get back together. However, Selena won't have the say this time because the parents are holding her back from Justin.
Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber have been dating for so long that some "Jelena" fans still refuse to believe that they really are over and done. While Bieber is to blame for his "indiscretion" and "cheating ways", Selena is also to blame for putting up with the behavior for quite a while.
Though there is a high chance of them getting back together, Selena's parents don't think it is a great idea. In fact, Selena's mom Mandy wants Selena to have nothing to do with the Canadian crooner. Even Selena's step dad, Brian, agrees on the decision by Mandy.
Mandy's choice of having her daughter getting as far away from Bieber could also be connected to the latest news of the marijuana issue. If fans may recall, Bieber has been under constant fire for the photo released earlier last week of him smoking a blunt. This had also been related to the untimely death of the paparazzi, Chris Guerra, who had been insistent of taking a photo of Bieber doing the deed.
"Selena and her mother are super close, and she doesn't want Selena held back by Justin and all this drama," said an insider to Life & Style Magazine.
Like the saying goes, "Mother knows best," Mandy has only good intentions of keeping Selena safe from all the drama.
"Her mom always thought the relationship was troubled," added the insider.
As for Gomez, all the mother-daughter talk might have rubbed off on her because news is that Selena is truly "over" and "done with Bieber."
"Selena has cut off Justin. She told him they can remain friends but she needs space for a while to get over him fully," said the source.
Even a source who happened to be talking to an allegedly drunk Gomez at the Golden Globes 2013 after party said the same thing.
"Is it true?" asked the unidentified friend, to which Selena replied, "Yep, done!"
Gomez might have made a decision but Bieber is still sure of himself. Sources claim that Justin is 100% sure they'd get back together all thanks to his acoustic album of which contains two new songs dedicated entirely to Gomez.
Hopefully, all the singing goes well for Justin because he hasn't been making any progress all thanks to the popular One Direction.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate