Leaked Image Render of HTC M7 Suggests Uncanny Resemblance to iPhone 5
By Erik Pineda | January 17, 2013 1:48 PM EST
Reportedly supplied by a trusted source, the render showed the possible front of the HTC M7 but the image, first obtained by @evleaks, was not explicit on any identifying marks that it is at least one of HTC's planned handsets.
"The render is apparently part of a short animation clip instructing new owners on first-time SIM card installation," Unwired View noted on its report.
It is likely, the report added, that the final M7 design will deviate considerably from what the render suggests that the HTC handset would like by the time it hits the market.
Android Central agreed. "It's worth remembering that while this render might well come from an early version of the M7 ROM ... it's not necessarily a lock for what the phone will look like," the blog site said.
Gadget designs are subject through phases of revisions, which experts said is the norms even for majors like Apple and Samsung. Indeed, if early images of the iPhone and Galaxy S in developments stages will be published today, they'll be hardly noticeable from the final products, they added.
From the same source, Unwired View also pointed to HTC's plan of including an infra-red port on the top portion of the M7, likely allowing its use as a universal remote controller. Such function, however, is outdated, the report observed, and is an unlikely addition to a high-end gadget that will collide head-on with the likes of Samsung Galaxy S4, Xperia Z and a refreshed iPhone 5S or iPhone 6.
HTC M7, blog reports said, will roll out flexing an all impressive wares headed by a 1.7GHz quad-core processor with 2GB of RAM, a 13MP rear camera combined with a 2MP front cam and a 1080p Full HD rendition via its 4.7-inch screen.
It is expected that the latest Android sweets will be powering the M7 but definitely not Key Lime Pie. More certain, reports said, is the deployment of HTC Sense 5 skin, said to be more simplified, with the replacement for the Droid DNA.
HTC is betting for better 2013 results to be delivered by the M7 following another dismal showing on Q4 2013, which analysts said underscored the company's gradual slide despite its inspiring smartphone lineup.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money