Samsung, AT&T Dispatches OTA JellyBean 4.1.1 for Galaxy S3
By Erik Pineda | January 17, 2013 10:57 AM EST
Samsung and AT&T finally released over-the-air (OTA) the JellyBean 4.1.1 update for the Galaxy S3, which delivers exciting new features to the hugely popular smartphone courtesy of the smooth platform collaboration between Android and TouchWiz.
This is some sort of a second coming. The same patch was unleashed before Christmas time last month but not in a widespread deployment. The December update was via Samsung Kies that requires users to connect the GS3 to a computer with the Samsung proprietary software.
Now, users would only need a fully-charged phone, a Wi-Fi connection and some amount of patience to ride out the whole procedure, which is not too long anyway. To manually trigger the retirement of Ice Cream Sandwich on your GS3, access its Settings then go to About Phone and tap Software Update.
From ICS to JellyBean, GS3 owners will get the much-praised Google Now plus a reconfigured phone Notification, basically all the Google hardwork that came out of the so-called Project Butter.
There'll be a new net browser packed with this JellyBean but GS3 owners should appreciate the zippier behaviour of their phone once ICS has been kicked out. Also part of the upgrade is better TouchWiz serving, Samsung said. That would mean bump ups on camera functions plus the ability to customise the handset.
Pretty much, Samsung has allowed the distribution of JellyBean to most of its top-notch devices, especially bringing happiness to global owners of the Galaxy S series, phones which the company are collectively responsible for the over 100 million in unit sales the line has realised by the end of 2012.
Equally, Samsung has pushed out the JellyBean flavour for its Galaxy Note series, the phablet that started the rush for super-sized phone screens. It is a wonder at the moment if the South Korean would soon release Android 4.2.2.
Or the company would simply showcase the fusion between the latest JellyBean and TouchWiz via the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3 rollouts this year. The S4 is said to debut not later than May while the Note 3, according to blog reports, is set for launch by the second half of 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown