Forex Signals – EURUSD False Break City
January 17, 2013 1:47 AM EST
Recap: Our short was triggered on the 1.3321 support break yesterday, and then closed out at 1.3347 on the false break alert for a 26 pip loss. There was a second support break later in the day but we passed on that, as we indicated in yesterday's setup when we said "we will take a max of two trades, one in each direction." Since it was the second short signal we passed on it.
Though we say it is a disappointing loss we can never stay mad at our false break alert system for too long - 95% of the time it keeps our losses very, very small (single digits), which greatly tilts the risk/reward ratio in our favor despite starting with just a 80 TP and 50 SL most of the time.
The pair did continue to drop after the second support break and has dropped over 60 pips since then, creating a decent falling resistance in the meantime. The pair is overbought on the long-term charts, but the combination of the falling resistance and the potential for a double-top formation or another stab upward will keep us looking to get long on a resistance break.
Safe pipping today!
Today's Important News Events:
|10:00||EUR Euro-Zone Consumer Price Index (YoY) (DEC)||2.2%|
|10:00||EUR Euro-Zone Consumer Price Index - Core (YoY) (DEC)||1.5%||1.4%|
|13:30||USD Consumer Price Index (YoY) (DEC)||1.8%||1.8%|
|13:30||USD Consumer Price Index Ex Food & Energy (YoY) (DEC)||1.9%||1.9%|
|19:00||USD U.S. Federal Reserve Releases Beige Book|
|*To see a more extensive list of news events (not just those we consider important), visit our Forex Calendar.|
Trading Idea: Long on a resistance break with a TP of 80 and a SL of 50.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown