Government Announces 36,000 Summer Jobs For Students
By Vijaykumar Meti | January 16, 2013 11:19 PM EST
Government has officially announced the Canada Summer Jobs 2013, which will create up to 36,000 job opportunities for students across the country. Ted Menzies, Member of Parliament for Macleod and Minister of State for Finance made the announcement in Calgary on behalf of Diane Finley, Minister of Human Resources and Skills Developments.
"Our Government's top priorities are job creation, economic growth and long-term prosperity," Minister Menzies said. "Our continued investment in Canada Summer Jobs will create thousands of jobs for students this summer, strengthening the local economies of communities right across Canada."
Canada Summer Jobs is a government initiative that provides work experience to students as well as funding to not-for-profit organizations, public sector employers, and small business besides facilitating job opportunities for students in the age group of 15 to 30 years.
"Today's students are tomorrow's workforce, so by investing in them we are helping contribute to Canada's long-term growth, competitiveness and overall prosperity," Minister Menzies added.
Beginning Feb. 1, 2013, Canada Summer Jobs applications will be available for interested employers online at Service Canada portal and also at Service Canada Centers. Employers will be able to submit their application online, by mail or in person. Candidates can submit their applications between Feb. 1 and Feb. 28, 2013.
Canada Summer Jobs is a part of government's Youth Employment Strategy (YES) initiative. YES is government's assurance to help youth making a successful transition to the workplace.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu