EU Morning Report - CPI set the pace in todays trading
By NikolasX | January 16, 2013 7:56 PM EST
§ The GER30 (DAX) has been moving above its Moving Average since early December 2012 and looks set to take advantage of the positive news released around the euro (EUR) as Germany is Europe’s biggest exporter. Currently the index trades at 7700 and has sufficient support at 7565.
§ West Texas Intermediate (OIL) has found resistance at 94.60 and a correction is possible in today’s trading. Looking ahead, this afternoon, the US will release its Crude Oil Inventories. A rise, more than expected, could indicate oversupply.
§ An interesting pair to watch could be the euro (EUR) versus the Australian dollar (AUD). The pair has been on roller coaster ride since December, while it failed to reach a higher high when it stopped around 1.270, it now looks unwilling to move below 1.258.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.3335||LONG @ 1.3335||33% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||88.85||SHORT @ 88.85
||47% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6105||SHORT @ 1.6105||44% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0575||SHORT @ 1.0575||22% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1663||LONG @ 1663||57% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||94.45||LONG @ 94.45
||36% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||10:00||Consumer Price Index (y/y)
|.||USD||13:30||Core Consumer Price Index (y/y)
|.||OIL||15:30||US Crude Oil Inventories
The euro (EUR) has been moving higher against the Swiss franc (CHF) since last week amid reports that Swiss investors are looking to invest more of their money overseas. The franc has reached levels it last visited in October 2011 but found resistance yesterday at 1.24. Looking at the technicals, we should expect a correction by the end of the week.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28