EU Morning Report - CPI set the pace in todays trading
By NikolasX | January 16, 2013 7:56 PM EST
§ The GER30 (DAX) has been moving above its Moving Average since early December 2012 and looks set to take advantage of the positive news released around the euro (EUR) as Germany is Europe’s biggest exporter. Currently the index trades at 7700 and has sufficient support at 7565.
§ West Texas Intermediate (OIL) has found resistance at 94.60 and a correction is possible in today’s trading. Looking ahead, this afternoon, the US will release its Crude Oil Inventories. A rise, more than expected, could indicate oversupply.
§ An interesting pair to watch could be the euro (EUR) versus the Australian dollar (AUD). The pair has been on roller coaster ride since December, while it failed to reach a higher high when it stopped around 1.270, it now looks unwilling to move below 1.258.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.3335||LONG @ 1.3335||33% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||88.85||SHORT @ 88.85
||47% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6105||SHORT @ 1.6105||44% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0575||SHORT @ 1.0575||22% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1663||LONG @ 1663||57% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||94.45||LONG @ 94.45
||36% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||10:00||Consumer Price Index (y/y)
|.||USD||13:30||Core Consumer Price Index (y/y)
|.||OIL||15:30||US Crude Oil Inventories
The euro (EUR) has been moving higher against the Swiss franc (CHF) since last week amid reports that Swiss investors are looking to invest more of their money overseas. The franc has reached levels it last visited in October 2011 but found resistance yesterday at 1.24. Looking at the technicals, we should expect a correction by the end of the week.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display