EU Morning Report - CPI set the pace in todays trading
By NikolasX | January 16, 2013 7:56 PM EST
§ The GER30 (DAX) has been moving above its Moving Average since early December 2012 and looks set to take advantage of the positive news released around the euro (EUR) as Germany is Europe’s biggest exporter. Currently the index trades at 7700 and has sufficient support at 7565.
§ West Texas Intermediate (OIL) has found resistance at 94.60 and a correction is possible in today’s trading. Looking ahead, this afternoon, the US will release its Crude Oil Inventories. A rise, more than expected, could indicate oversupply.
§ An interesting pair to watch could be the euro (EUR) versus the Australian dollar (AUD). The pair has been on roller coaster ride since December, while it failed to reach a higher high when it stopped around 1.270, it now looks unwilling to move below 1.258.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.3335||LONG @ 1.3335||33% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||88.85||SHORT @ 88.85
||47% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.6105||SHORT @ 1.6105||44% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0575||SHORT @ 1.0575||22% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1663||LONG @ 1663||57% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||94.45||LONG @ 94.45
||36% of deals buy OIL|
|.||EUR||10:00||Consumer Price Index (y/y)
|.||USD||13:30||Core Consumer Price Index (y/y)
|.||OIL||15:30||US Crude Oil Inventories
The euro (EUR) has been moving higher against the Swiss franc (CHF) since last week amid reports that Swiss investors are looking to invest more of their money overseas. The franc has reached levels it last visited in October 2011 but found resistance yesterday at 1.24. Looking at the technicals, we should expect a correction by the end of the week.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports