iPhone 6 vs. HTC M7: Will HTC Follow Samsung’s Footsteps in Beating Apple’s Smartphone?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 16, 2013 4:31 PM EST
Reports said that the iPhone 6 will include a "Super HD" screen display and camera. Speculations claimed that it is beyond the Full HD displays in HTC Droid DNA.
This notion is backed up by an analyst. According to Jefferies stock analyst Peter Misek, "the iPhone 5S/6 has a new 'super HD camera/screen, a better battery, and NFC,' and 'possible updates include an IGZO screen for Retina+, 128GB storage."
We may see two iPhone launches this year; one in second quarter of 2013 and another in third or fourth quarter of the year. This is backed by the reports that Apple is looking to switch to a 6-month cycle instead of a 1-year cycle with the iPhone to be more aggressive against competitors such as Samsung and Google.
HTC M7, on the other hand, is Taiwanese manufacturer's supposed flagship phone this year. The smartphone is rumoured to be powered by 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor with 2GB of RAM. It will have 32GB of internal storage. HTC M7 is also expected to come with 13-megapixel rear and 2-megapixel front camera.
It is speculated that if the buzz worthy HTC M7 will make a no-show in the ongoing CES, we may see the device next month at the Mobile World Congress packed the latest Androidv4.2 Jelly Bean. HTC is also expected to add a layer of HTC Sense 5.0 on this smartphone.
Below is the comparison of the two upcoming smartphones based on the rumoured specs and features.
Screen Display - Upcoming iPhone 6 is speculated to boast 5-inch Full HD display. HTC M7 will have 4.7 inches 1080p display.
Processor - iPhone 6 will probably powered by an updated A6 chip. HTC M7 will be powered by quad-core 1.7 GHz Snapdragon processor with 2GB of RAM.
Operating System - HTC M7 is speculated to run with the upcoming version of the Android OS - Key Lime Pie. iPhone 6, however, will run with iOS 7.
Internal Storage - Apple's smartphone will have 128GB storage. HTC's upcoming smartphone is speculated to come with 32GB of internal storage.
4G/LTE - Both devices will support 4G/LTE connectivity.
NFC - Both smartphones will be capable of Near Field Communication. iPhone 5 did not support such feature, which impedes on the sales of the device.
Camera - HTC M7 has 13MP rear camera. The specific megapixel of iPhone 6's camera is still unknown but rumour hast it that the device will have a super HD camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates