Woods to Play Abu Dhabi
By Golf 365 | January 16, 2013 12:19 PM EST
World number three Tiger Woods has confirmed that he will start his 2013 campaign at the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship.
Woods, who will compete in Abi Dhabi for the second consecutive year, came third at last year's event, after entering the final round with a share of the lead.
Throughout the course of last season, Woods had shown glimpses of the player he once was, however he often faltered on the final day, which would have dented his confidence somewhat.
It is crucial that Woods sets a positive tone at his first tournament of the year.
"I'm excited to compete again," said Woods.
"I had a good break and went to see Stanford beat Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl. Hopefully my good practice sessions will carry over," said a confident Woods.
In a statement released this week, Woods also confirmed that he would start his PGA Tour campaign at the Farmers Insurance Open, played at Torey Pines on the last weekend of January.
Torey Pines is a favourite venue for Woods, who has won seven of his career title (including the 2008 US Open) there. He has also won six of those titles at the Farmers Insurance Open.
It is therefore quite crucial that he continues that he does well at this year's tournament.
"Obviously, I've had good success at Torrey Pines," said Woods.
"I practically grew up playing the South and North Courses. The fans have always been supportive, and I look forward to returning," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’