Arsenal and Barcelona Chasing South American Winger – Report
By Vanessa Keller | January 16, 2013 5:53 AM EST
Arsenal and Barcelona are both hoping to land Columbia international Juan Camilo Zuniga, according to reports, with the star's agent admitting that top clubs in England and Spain are chasing.
Zuniga made the move from Columbia to Italian side Siena in 2008, before moving on to Napoli in 2009. Since then, he has become an important part of the side's line up, but could be on the lookout for a move to a club that regularly participates in the Champions League.
Both Arsenal and Barcelona have the 27 year old on their radar for a January move, Talksport claims, and his agent Riccardo Calleri says that he could play for any size club as he considers his next move.
"Top level teams in England and Spain are interested in Zuniga," he told Italian radio station Radio Cri.
"That is to be expected because many teams are interested in him due to his versatility, and because he can play at the back or further up the pitch.
"He would fit in very well at a big club."
Arsene Wenger admitted today that Arsenal have got a decent sized kitty to spend in the January transfer window and beyond, with the club having stabilised their debt over the purchase of a new stadium.
"My plan is to keep all of the players we have and then to add maybe, if possible, two new players to the squad," he told Al Jazeera Sport. "We will spend big [again] because we had restricted finances because we had built the stadium and had to pay that back.
"You look at any club who has done that, and they have gone down [in performance]."
With that in mind, the Frenchman could be in the market for Zuniga, and could be willing to enter into a bidding war with the club that has stolen a host of his best players over the years.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More