Sleepwalk Artist Lee Hadwin to Sell Marilyn Monroe Paintings and Abstracts for £1m
By Toyin Owoseje | January 16, 2013 4:04 AM EST
A British artist who creates works of art while he sleeps has put his whole collection up for sale at £1m.
Lee Hadwin, who is a sleepwalker, often produces portraits of Marilyn Monroe as well as more abstract pieces while in a trance-like state but is unable to recreate them when he wakes up.
"My art's horrific when I'm conscious," he told the Mirror.
The 37-year-old discovered his talent at the age of four and now leaves sketchbooks lying around his London flat to use in the night.
Fans of his work include US tycoon Donald Trump and illusionist Derren Brown who have both bought pieces from him.
Hadwin previously described his creative episodes as "embarrassing" and insisted he wakes up with no memory of what he did during the night.
"Friends have recorded me and I find it really embarrassing - it's like watching yourself when you're drunk," he told Metro.
"Some people say, 'You can't be an artist because you have to be conscious to produce art.' But, at the end of the day, what is art?"
A collection of 80 to 100 pieces of his work will be put up for sale on eBay on 11 February 11.
£500,000 of the proceeds will be donated to the Missing People charity.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hello Kitty's Shocking News: She Is Not Cat But A Little Girl Of George and Mary White
- Boxing News 2014: Pacquiao Paints Using Boxing Gloves in Promo for Philippine Edition of Sports Science TV Show He is Hosting
- Photographer Discovers Mime was Young Robin Williams 35 Years After
- How Bass and Heavy Music can Make you Feel Powerful
- Hair Iron Could Spell the Future of Instant Hair Colour - US Engineers [Watch Video]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0