Toy Story Live-Action Remake is Multimillion Viral Hit [VIDEO]
By Ewan Palmer | January 16, 2013 3:07 AM EST
In a bid to get their movie-making heroes to notice them, two American teenagers have spent two and-a-half years recreating Pixar's 1995 classic animated film Toy Story shot-for-shot with real toys.
Jesse Perrotta, 19, and Jonason Pauley, 21, began work on the full-length remake of the film in June 2010. It cost $1,000 (£620) to make and involved them enlisting the help of 150 friends.
The pair uploaded the 80-minute film on to YouTube where it has beenviewed more than three million times.
The reason for this incredible example of fandom? For the chance to visit the Pixar Animated Studios in Northern California to meet the team behind other classics such as The Incredibles, Up, and Monster's Inc.
"[Pixar] doesn't let people in unless you've done anything," Pauley told the East Valley Tribune. "But I'm pretty confident there's a group of people who made a Pizza Planet truck in California and they got in."
The pair originally held off uploading their video for fear of breaching copyright but were given approval after dropping off a DVD of the full-length film at the Pixar studios.
Released in 1995, Pixar's Toy Story was the first fully digitally animated film and was regarded as an instant classic.
The live-action remake, which features the voice-overs from the actors from of the original movie and the full soundtrack, can be seen below.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton And Prince William Have Chosen The Name Of Their Second Child- Details
- Hoax Alert: 'Ebola Vaccine Only Works on White Skin' Viral Story Not True
- Local Syrians Have Mixed Reactions To US Airstrikes Against ISIS; Opposition 'Suspicious'
- Melbourne Wakes Up To Anti-Terror Raids: Seabrook Man Arrested For Funding Terrorist Organisation
- New Zealand PM John Key Aware of Kiwis Joining ISIS; New Zealand Not Ready For Airstrikes
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate