"Fifty Shades of Grey" movie production team has yet to cast Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele. A lot of fans have expressed their impatience on social networks, but all they can do is wait for announcements. Henry Cavill, who is among the top favorites to play billionaire demigod Mr Grey, was smart enough to say a "decision will be made at the time it has to be made." Well said, eh? Now why should Cavill play Grey?
Also Read: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Movie: Henry Cavill has the 'sexiest Christian Grey body' - POLL [PHOTOS]
‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Movie: 5 Reasons Why Henry Cavill is Christian Grey (Image: Tumblr)
Fifty Shades of Grey: 5 Reasons Henry Cavill should play Christian Grey
Cavill, who has been named as the "biggest male breakout movie star" by Fandango, is expected to be busy with his "Man of Steel" responsibilities in 2013. (The next high-budget Superman film will come out in June this year.) Still, many fans remain hopeful for things to fall in place so Cavill could be both Clark Kent and Christian Grey.
Here are five of the reasons why Cavill is favoured by fans for the controversial Grey role:
5. Theseus. In the film Immortals (2011), Cavill plays the titular hero Theseus, the Greek mythological founder-king of Athens. This character exposed (pun not really intended) Cavill's visual appeal and showcased his acting skills at the same time. Fifty Shades will certainly be easy on the eyes with Cavill in it.
4. The Quiet Gentleman Vibe. Still waters run deep, they say. The first time Anastasia Steele met Grey, he was a man of few words. But he commanded respect despite his obvious youth. Cavill exudes this Grey vibe, particularly in this MSN photo taken at the Critic's Choice Awards in L.A. last week.
3. The Knee-Melting Stare. Christian Grey should be able to draw a woman with a mere glance. Cavill competes with Matt Bomer and Ian Somerhalder (both with piercing enigmatic eyes) in this criterion, but he holds his own.
2. Availability. The schedule would be difficult, but no doubt the managers and producers could work this out. Unlike some actors, Cavill has not shut his doors to playing this very daring role.
1. Age. It should not really matter, but "Fifty Shades" comes in three parts. By the time the third film is out, the actor should still look young. Good-looking older actors may look young now, but there's no telling how their genes and habits could change in 2 to 4 years. With a 29-year-old like Cavill, producers can be reassured of some kind of consistency with the fictional character's age throughout the film saga.
Viral Video: Cockatiel Chirps Dubstep Style, Nearly 2M Views in 2 Days [VIDEO]
iPad Mini 2 vs iPad Mini: Rumored Improvements, Unveiling Before Mid-2013?