Nicki Minaj's Hair-Stylist Quits Over 'Creative Differences'
By Toyin Owoseje | January 15, 2013 1:20 AM EST
After three years of co-ordinating her over-the-top look, Nicki Minaj's hair stylist has announced that he has parted ways with the rapper.
Terrence Davidson, the man behind the American idol judge's extravagant wig selection, has revealed that he will be leaving Minaj's hair and make-up team after a few creative differences.
"I would like to inform the media and supporters that I've decided to step away as hair stylist and wig creator for Nicki Minaj," he said.
"It has been an amazing experience offering me a chance to express my creativity and exhibit my love for the art form of wig design. I have decided to part ways from Nicki Minaj because I would like to explore other opportunities within my own brand and re-energise my creativity through work in fashion editorial, beauty consultations, media personality, 'how-to' lectures and hair show development."
Davidson went on to hint that he had other projects in the pipeline.
"I am very proud of the body of work built with Nicki Minaj and I appreciate the support over the years from fans who've expressed love for my craft. Look forward to seeing me larger than life in 2013."
Davidson's decision to quit could not have come at a worse time. Minaj's hair has become a huge part of her brand and she will most likely struggle to find someone suitable to fill his shoes in the midst of her hectic American Idol schedule.
Miniaj will make her judging debut alongside Mariah Caery, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson on the talent show on 16 January .
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results: Find Out Who Could Be The Winner—Predictions Based on iTunes Chart Rankings
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- 'The Flash' Season 1, Episode 10 Spoilers: Dr Wells Connection To Reverse Flash, Firestorm Focus, and 'Prison Break' Actors As Villains In Next New Episode
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)