Nicki Minaj's Hair-Stylist Quits Over 'Creative Differences'
By Toyin Owoseje | January 15, 2013 1:20 AM EST
After three years of co-ordinating her over-the-top look, Nicki Minaj's hair stylist has announced that he has parted ways with the rapper.
Terrence Davidson, the man behind the American idol judge's extravagant wig selection, has revealed that he will be leaving Minaj's hair and make-up team after a few creative differences.
"I would like to inform the media and supporters that I've decided to step away as hair stylist and wig creator for Nicki Minaj," he said.
"It has been an amazing experience offering me a chance to express my creativity and exhibit my love for the art form of wig design. I have decided to part ways from Nicki Minaj because I would like to explore other opportunities within my own brand and re-energise my creativity through work in fashion editorial, beauty consultations, media personality, 'how-to' lectures and hair show development."
Davidson went on to hint that he had other projects in the pipeline.
"I am very proud of the body of work built with Nicki Minaj and I appreciate the support over the years from fans who've expressed love for my craft. Look forward to seeing me larger than life in 2013."
Davidson's decision to quit could not have come at a worse time. Minaj's hair has become a huge part of her brand and she will most likely struggle to find someone suitable to fill his shoes in the midst of her hectic American Idol schedule.
Miniaj will make her judging debut alongside Mariah Caery, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson on the talent show on 16 January .
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build