Nicki Minaj's Hair-Stylist Quits Over 'Creative Differences'
By Toyin Owoseje | January 15, 2013 1:20 AM EST
After three years of co-ordinating her over-the-top look, Nicki Minaj's hair stylist has announced that he has parted ways with the rapper.
Terrence Davidson, the man behind the American idol judge's extravagant wig selection, has revealed that he will be leaving Minaj's hair and make-up team after a few creative differences.
"I would like to inform the media and supporters that I've decided to step away as hair stylist and wig creator for Nicki Minaj," he said.
"It has been an amazing experience offering me a chance to express my creativity and exhibit my love for the art form of wig design. I have decided to part ways from Nicki Minaj because I would like to explore other opportunities within my own brand and re-energise my creativity through work in fashion editorial, beauty consultations, media personality, 'how-to' lectures and hair show development."
Davidson went on to hint that he had other projects in the pipeline.
"I am very proud of the body of work built with Nicki Minaj and I appreciate the support over the years from fans who've expressed love for my craft. Look forward to seeing me larger than life in 2013."
Davidson's decision to quit could not have come at a worse time. Minaj's hair has become a huge part of her brand and she will most likely struggle to find someone suitable to fill his shoes in the midst of her hectic American Idol schedule.
Miniaj will make her judging debut alongside Mariah Caery, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson on the talent show on 16 January .
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best