Nicki Minaj's Hair-Stylist Quits Over 'Creative Differences'
By Toyin Owoseje | January 15, 2013 1:20 AM EST
After three years of co-ordinating her over-the-top look, Nicki Minaj's hair stylist has announced that he has parted ways with the rapper.
Terrence Davidson, the man behind the American idol judge's extravagant wig selection, has revealed that he will be leaving Minaj's hair and make-up team after a few creative differences.
"I would like to inform the media and supporters that I've decided to step away as hair stylist and wig creator for Nicki Minaj," he said.
"It has been an amazing experience offering me a chance to express my creativity and exhibit my love for the art form of wig design. I have decided to part ways from Nicki Minaj because I would like to explore other opportunities within my own brand and re-energise my creativity through work in fashion editorial, beauty consultations, media personality, 'how-to' lectures and hair show development."
Davidson went on to hint that he had other projects in the pipeline.
"I am very proud of the body of work built with Nicki Minaj and I appreciate the support over the years from fans who've expressed love for my craft. Look forward to seeing me larger than life in 2013."
Davidson's decision to quit could not have come at a worse time. Minaj's hair has become a huge part of her brand and she will most likely struggle to find someone suitable to fill his shoes in the midst of her hectic American Idol schedule.
Miniaj will make her judging debut alongside Mariah Caery, Keith Urban and Randy Jackson on the talent show on 16 January .
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]