Samsung Now Offers Galaxy S3 Mini in 6 Attractive Colours
By Erik Pineda | January 14, 2013 4:26 PM EST
Fans would have more reasons to snap up the Galaxy S3 Mini, following reports from Samsung operations in France that the smaller version of the hugely popular Galaxy S3 now comes in six colour variants.
From the original Ceramic White and Pebble Blue, the S3 Mini will soon be encased in the following colourful shells: Garnet Red, Onyx Black, Titan Grey and Amber Brown, which according to blog reports will be initially for French consumers, specifically targeting the younger audience.
It is likely that the six-colour S3 Mini attack from Samsung will be duplicated in the UK market and possibly the rest of Europe but Galaxy watchers doubt if the downsized S3 in new housing colours will ever make it to the U.S. market.
It makes sense, however, for Samsung to make the S3 Mini available in all colours in Asia-Pacific, Australia including, where the handset can be geared as starter units for feature phone holdout in the country.
Crossing over to the smartphone world via the S3 Mini poses a grand start for users, experts said, pointing to its more than decent specs of dual-core processing powers with a maximum speed of 1GHz plus up to 16GB of internal storage and microSD expansion option.
The rear camera shooter that came with the S3 Mini is equipped with a 5MP sensor, capable of recording 720p clips. The front counterpart is VGA, passable enough for a video-chat on the go.
As expected, Samsung scaled down on the S3 Mini front screen, allowing only for a resolution of 800 by 480 resolution to be flashed on the 4-inch screen. But the tech firm's signature Super AMOLED display technology is part of the screen package, promising users of superb viewing experience, courtesy of the phone.
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and cellular connectivity have been packaged with the phone but 3G for now is the fastest internet connection that S3 Mini owners can enjoy.
Issuing the Android JellyBean-powered S3 Mini is part of Samsung's strategy to meet all possible market demands and attract as many consumers as possible to the Galaxy smartphone fold. This particular model is joined by new mid-level Galaxy handsets that the Asian tech had unveiled recently, foremost of which are the Galaxy Grand and the Galaxy S2 Plus.
The S3 Mini and all similar Galaxy flavours support the global campaign of Samsung to topple Apple, headlined by the top-tier Galaxy smartphones namely the Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Note.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories