Samsung Now Offers Galaxy S3 Mini in 6 Attractive Colours
By Erik Pineda | January 14, 2013 4:26 PM EST
Fans would have more reasons to snap up the Galaxy S3 Mini, following reports from Samsung operations in France that the smaller version of the hugely popular Galaxy S3 now comes in six colour variants.
From the original Ceramic White and Pebble Blue, the S3 Mini will soon be encased in the following colourful shells: Garnet Red, Onyx Black, Titan Grey and Amber Brown, which according to blog reports will be initially for French consumers, specifically targeting the younger audience.
It is likely that the six-colour S3 Mini attack from Samsung will be duplicated in the UK market and possibly the rest of Europe but Galaxy watchers doubt if the downsized S3 in new housing colours will ever make it to the U.S. market.
It makes sense, however, for Samsung to make the S3 Mini available in all colours in Asia-Pacific, Australia including, where the handset can be geared as starter units for feature phone holdout in the country.
Crossing over to the smartphone world via the S3 Mini poses a grand start for users, experts said, pointing to its more than decent specs of dual-core processing powers with a maximum speed of 1GHz plus up to 16GB of internal storage and microSD expansion option.
The rear camera shooter that came with the S3 Mini is equipped with a 5MP sensor, capable of recording 720p clips. The front counterpart is VGA, passable enough for a video-chat on the go.
As expected, Samsung scaled down on the S3 Mini front screen, allowing only for a resolution of 800 by 480 resolution to be flashed on the 4-inch screen. But the tech firm's signature Super AMOLED display technology is part of the screen package, promising users of superb viewing experience, courtesy of the phone.
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and cellular connectivity have been packaged with the phone but 3G for now is the fastest internet connection that S3 Mini owners can enjoy.
Issuing the Android JellyBean-powered S3 Mini is part of Samsung's strategy to meet all possible market demands and attract as many consumers as possible to the Galaxy smartphone fold. This particular model is joined by new mid-level Galaxy handsets that the Asian tech had unveiled recently, foremost of which are the Galaxy Grand and the Galaxy S2 Plus.
The S3 Mini and all similar Galaxy flavours support the global campaign of Samsung to topple Apple, headlined by the top-tier Galaxy smartphones namely the Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Note.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Air New Zealand Flies Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Solution to Your Old Unwanted Phones Comes with MobileMuster Scheme
- IBM Named Leader in Worldwide Managed Security Services
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6