Samsung Now Offers Galaxy S3 Mini in 6 Attractive Colours
By Erik Pineda | January 14, 2013 4:26 PM EST
Fans would have more reasons to snap up the Galaxy S3 Mini, following reports from Samsung operations in France that the smaller version of the hugely popular Galaxy S3 now comes in six colour variants.
From the original Ceramic White and Pebble Blue, the S3 Mini will soon be encased in the following colourful shells: Garnet Red, Onyx Black, Titan Grey and Amber Brown, which according to blog reports will be initially for French consumers, specifically targeting the younger audience.
It is likely that the six-colour S3 Mini attack from Samsung will be duplicated in the UK market and possibly the rest of Europe but Galaxy watchers doubt if the downsized S3 in new housing colours will ever make it to the U.S. market.
It makes sense, however, for Samsung to make the S3 Mini available in all colours in Asia-Pacific, Australia including, where the handset can be geared as starter units for feature phone holdout in the country.
Crossing over to the smartphone world via the S3 Mini poses a grand start for users, experts said, pointing to its more than decent specs of dual-core processing powers with a maximum speed of 1GHz plus up to 16GB of internal storage and microSD expansion option.
The rear camera shooter that came with the S3 Mini is equipped with a 5MP sensor, capable of recording 720p clips. The front counterpart is VGA, passable enough for a video-chat on the go.
As expected, Samsung scaled down on the S3 Mini front screen, allowing only for a resolution of 800 by 480 resolution to be flashed on the 4-inch screen. But the tech firm's signature Super AMOLED display technology is part of the screen package, promising users of superb viewing experience, courtesy of the phone.
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and cellular connectivity have been packaged with the phone but 3G for now is the fastest internet connection that S3 Mini owners can enjoy.
Issuing the Android JellyBean-powered S3 Mini is part of Samsung's strategy to meet all possible market demands and attract as many consumers as possible to the Galaxy smartphone fold. This particular model is joined by new mid-level Galaxy handsets that the Asian tech had unveiled recently, foremost of which are the Galaxy Grand and the Galaxy S2 Plus.
The S3 Mini and all similar Galaxy flavours support the global campaign of Samsung to topple Apple, headlined by the top-tier Galaxy smartphones namely the Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy Note.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- AT&T Offers 1 Gigabit/Second Download Speed in Cupertino
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Shares Reach $100 Mark Since Stock Split; First Flagship Store in Middle East May Open Soon
- Anti-Virus Company Symantec to Switch to Subscription Service, Consolidates Norton Products
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence