Nexus 4 Available Now? Shipments Leaked, "In Limited Numbers"
By Arlene Paredes | January 14, 2013 3:19 PM EST
Nexus 4 is reportedly being shipped to buyers via T-Mobile on a 2-year contract "in limited numbers." Will LG, the manufacturer of this much in-demand smartphone, ever meet the demand of some very impatient buyers now?
TmoNews published a leaked image showing Nexus 4 shipments to T-Mobile store. The "limited numbers" worry some gadget shoppers. Price is one of Nexus 4's strongest attractions when it was launched. But a 2-year contract could cancel out such an advantage. In limited supply, even the non-contract price tag skyrockets. Still, many Android users have been itching to get a hold of the LG-manufactured device since late last year.
Rumours surfaced last week that LG has halted production of the Google flagship smartphone in favor of a replacement device. Further rumours suggested the replacement phone could be called Nexus 5. It is understood these rumours of a Nexus 4 replacement stem from the erratic supply chain of the device. It must be noted, however, that neither LG nor Google has made any announcements on the matter.
Nexus 4 is much in-demand at the Google Play Store, where the device has barely become available since last year. LG Nexus 4 costs only $299 (8GB) and $349 (16GB) at the Play Store, but other retailers have sold for a more expensive price. Some gadget shoppers don't mind, especially those who have been trying to purchase for a long time.
Nexus 4 is just "the first of many devices" in the manufacturing list of LG, said LG Electronics SVP James Fisher at the CES 2013 event last week. "Through our collaboration with Google, we launched the LG Nexus 4 smartphone. This is the first of many devices to come from our growing partnership with this very selective company," said Fisher. The statement seems to tell the mobile community that the Google-LG relations have not been strained by the rather erratic Nexus 4 supply since product launch.
The LG-manufactured Google Nexus 4 boasts of 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, 2GB RAM and a 4.7-inch IPS true HD screen display (1280 x 768), with over 300 pixels per inch in pixel density. It also features an 8-megapixel primary camera and a front-facing HD camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight