Nexus 4 Available Now? Shipments Leaked, "In Limited Numbers"
By Arlene Paredes | January 14, 2013 3:19 PM EST
Nexus 4 is reportedly being shipped to buyers via T-Mobile on a 2-year contract "in limited numbers." Will LG, the manufacturer of this much in-demand smartphone, ever meet the demand of some very impatient buyers now?
TmoNews published a leaked image showing Nexus 4 shipments to T-Mobile store. The "limited numbers" worry some gadget shoppers. Price is one of Nexus 4's strongest attractions when it was launched. But a 2-year contract could cancel out such an advantage. In limited supply, even the non-contract price tag skyrockets. Still, many Android users have been itching to get a hold of the LG-manufactured device since late last year.
Rumours surfaced last week that LG has halted production of the Google flagship smartphone in favor of a replacement device. Further rumours suggested the replacement phone could be called Nexus 5. It is understood these rumours of a Nexus 4 replacement stem from the erratic supply chain of the device. It must be noted, however, that neither LG nor Google has made any announcements on the matter.
Nexus 4 is much in-demand at the Google Play Store, where the device has barely become available since last year. LG Nexus 4 costs only $299 (8GB) and $349 (16GB) at the Play Store, but other retailers have sold for a more expensive price. Some gadget shoppers don't mind, especially those who have been trying to purchase for a long time.
Nexus 4 is just "the first of many devices" in the manufacturing list of LG, said LG Electronics SVP James Fisher at the CES 2013 event last week. "Through our collaboration with Google, we launched the LG Nexus 4 smartphone. This is the first of many devices to come from our growing partnership with this very selective company," said Fisher. The statement seems to tell the mobile community that the Google-LG relations have not been strained by the rather erratic Nexus 4 supply since product launch.
The LG-manufactured Google Nexus 4 boasts of 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, 2GB RAM and a 4.7-inch IPS true HD screen display (1280 x 768), with over 300 pixels per inch in pixel density. It also features an 8-megapixel primary camera and a front-facing HD camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes