Nexus 4 Available Now? Shipments Leaked, "In Limited Numbers"
By Arlene Paredes | January 14, 2013 3:19 PM EST
Nexus 4 is reportedly being shipped to buyers via T-Mobile on a 2-year contract "in limited numbers." Will LG, the manufacturer of this much in-demand smartphone, ever meet the demand of some very impatient buyers now?
TmoNews published a leaked image showing Nexus 4 shipments to T-Mobile store. The "limited numbers" worry some gadget shoppers. Price is one of Nexus 4's strongest attractions when it was launched. But a 2-year contract could cancel out such an advantage. In limited supply, even the non-contract price tag skyrockets. Still, many Android users have been itching to get a hold of the LG-manufactured device since late last year.
Rumours surfaced last week that LG has halted production of the Google flagship smartphone in favor of a replacement device. Further rumours suggested the replacement phone could be called Nexus 5. It is understood these rumours of a Nexus 4 replacement stem from the erratic supply chain of the device. It must be noted, however, that neither LG nor Google has made any announcements on the matter.
Nexus 4 is much in-demand at the Google Play Store, where the device has barely become available since last year. LG Nexus 4 costs only $299 (8GB) and $349 (16GB) at the Play Store, but other retailers have sold for a more expensive price. Some gadget shoppers don't mind, especially those who have been trying to purchase for a long time.
Nexus 4 is just "the first of many devices" in the manufacturing list of LG, said LG Electronics SVP James Fisher at the CES 2013 event last week. "Through our collaboration with Google, we launched the LG Nexus 4 smartphone. This is the first of many devices to come from our growing partnership with this very selective company," said Fisher. The statement seems to tell the mobile community that the Google-LG relations have not been strained by the rather erratic Nexus 4 supply since product launch.
The LG-manufactured Google Nexus 4 boasts of 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, 2GB RAM and a 4.7-inch IPS true HD screen display (1280 x 768), with over 300 pixels per inch in pixel density. It also features an 8-megapixel primary camera and a front-facing HD camera.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast