Dropbox Updates; Flipboard App with Jellybean Daydream
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 14, 2013 11:06 AM EST
Dropbox for Android released an update to make sharing of photo or collection of photos easier. The feature allows the user to create new album from any image within the Dropbox and share it throughout the Android intents system. Dropbox can now share folders or individual pictures inside to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Gmail, and more.
Opening the link sent to the recipient will direct them to the Dropbox website to view images or download them to their own Dropbox collection. The feature is bandwidth-friendly which means sharing tons of photos is not a problem. The update is available from Google Play.
For Flipboard users on smartphones, the app has got an update for Android 4.2 Jellybean to utilise the Daydream feature. The app includes accidental flipping and minor bug fixes, together with the support for Daydream feature.
The new update allows the user to create a screen saver made out of Flipboard covers. The feature is accessible to the display settings on the Jellybean 4.2 device which shows Flipboard listed under the different Daydream modes. The screen saver allows zooming and gentle panning of images provided by Photo Table Daydream from Google and uses the entries from the Cover Story category of Flipboard. The update is now available from Google Play.
Flipboard is a news and social feed with user interface in a magazine-like design. It connects the user to many categories from news, tech, and social media, including BBC, Engadget, Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr. The app loads the content from their respective sources and includes any other related topics and articles to it. Flipboard allows sharing of news and feeds from the app to social networking sites.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists