LG, Philips Join 5+ Phone Battle
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 14, 2013 10:55 AM EST
ZTE Nubia Z7 and Huawei Ascend Mate which will have 6.3-inch and 6.1-inch of screen displays, respectively, will soon be released. Apparently, it is now the trend for larger, bigger, and "HD-er" screens to show which smartphones offer powerful and dominant features among the different models available in the market.
LG and Philips are currently developing their 5+ inches smartphones and possibly will release them in 2013. It could be their preparation for the upcoming rumours about a new Galaxy Note 3 which nobody knows yet when will it take everyone by surprise.
LG is known for their reputation for screen making and its technology. Their products are used by Apple and Samsung for smartphone devices. At the recent CES 2013, three new displays were shown ranging from 5.5-inch to 12.9 inch and the first likely to the 5.5 is the Lenovo K900.
For the LG smartphone line up, the upcoming device is the Optimus G2 which is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Prime and comes with 5.5 inches of screen size too.
Philips, on the other hand, will soon release a 5.3-inch phone called W8355 that will run on Android 4.0 ICS.
Here are some of its rumored specs:
- Dual-sim capable
- 10.9 mm thick
- TFT capacitive touchscreen
- 5.3" screen with 540x960 display resolution
- 1.2GHz dual-core Cortex A5
- 512MB of RAM
- 4GB of ROM
- Up to 32GB memory card support
- 5MP rear camera (2592x1944) with LED flash
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc. Stock Surge Observed as Hedge Funds 'Feasted' Ahead of iPhone 6 Launch
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Vodafone Buys Ericsson Equipment to Replace 5-Year-Old Network Technologies
- Small Businesses Claim Positive Financial Situation but Negative on Outlook
- Perfume Maker Elizabeth Arden Blames Poor Q4 Financial Results on Justin Bieber Scent
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists