LG, Philips Join 5+ Phone Battle
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 14, 2013 10:55 AM EST
ZTE Nubia Z7 and Huawei Ascend Mate which will have 6.3-inch and 6.1-inch of screen displays, respectively, will soon be released. Apparently, it is now the trend for larger, bigger, and "HD-er" screens to show which smartphones offer powerful and dominant features among the different models available in the market.
LG and Philips are currently developing their 5+ inches smartphones and possibly will release them in 2013. It could be their preparation for the upcoming rumours about a new Galaxy Note 3 which nobody knows yet when will it take everyone by surprise.
LG is known for their reputation for screen making and its technology. Their products are used by Apple and Samsung for smartphone devices. At the recent CES 2013, three new displays were shown ranging from 5.5-inch to 12.9 inch and the first likely to the 5.5 is the Lenovo K900.
For the LG smartphone line up, the upcoming device is the Optimus G2 which is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Prime and comes with 5.5 inches of screen size too.
Philips, on the other hand, will soon release a 5.3-inch phone called W8355 that will run on Android 4.0 ICS.
Here are some of its rumored specs:
- Dual-sim capable
- 10.9 mm thick
- TFT capacitive touchscreen
- 5.3" screen with 540x960 display resolution
- 1.2GHz dual-core Cortex A5
- 512MB of RAM
- 4GB of ROM
- Up to 32GB memory card support
- 5MP rear camera (2592x1944) with LED flash
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales