LG, Philips Join 5+ Phone Battle
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 14, 2013 10:55 AM EST
ZTE Nubia Z7 and Huawei Ascend Mate which will have 6.3-inch and 6.1-inch of screen displays, respectively, will soon be released. Apparently, it is now the trend for larger, bigger, and "HD-er" screens to show which smartphones offer powerful and dominant features among the different models available in the market.
LG and Philips are currently developing their 5+ inches smartphones and possibly will release them in 2013. It could be their preparation for the upcoming rumours about a new Galaxy Note 3 which nobody knows yet when will it take everyone by surprise.
LG is known for their reputation for screen making and its technology. Their products are used by Apple and Samsung for smartphone devices. At the recent CES 2013, three new displays were shown ranging from 5.5-inch to 12.9 inch and the first likely to the 5.5 is the Lenovo K900.
For the LG smartphone line up, the upcoming device is the Optimus G2 which is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Prime and comes with 5.5 inches of screen size too.
Philips, on the other hand, will soon release a 5.3-inch phone called W8355 that will run on Android 4.0 ICS.
Here are some of its rumored specs:
- Dual-sim capable
- 10.9 mm thick
- TFT capacitive touchscreen
- 5.3" screen with 540x960 display resolution
- 1.2GHz dual-core Cortex A5
- 512MB of RAM
- 4GB of ROM
- Up to 32GB memory card support
- 5MP rear camera (2592x1944) with LED flash
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Man Swindles Apple for $309,768 in 16 States
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Air New Zealand Pays $1000 to NZ9 Passengers After Three-Night Delay
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date