LG, Philips Join 5+ Phone Battle
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 14, 2013 10:55 AM EST
ZTE Nubia Z7 and Huawei Ascend Mate which will have 6.3-inch and 6.1-inch of screen displays, respectively, will soon be released. Apparently, it is now the trend for larger, bigger, and "HD-er" screens to show which smartphones offer powerful and dominant features among the different models available in the market.
LG and Philips are currently developing their 5+ inches smartphones and possibly will release them in 2013. It could be their preparation for the upcoming rumours about a new Galaxy Note 3 which nobody knows yet when will it take everyone by surprise.
LG is known for their reputation for screen making and its technology. Their products are used by Apple and Samsung for smartphone devices. At the recent CES 2013, three new displays were shown ranging from 5.5-inch to 12.9 inch and the first likely to the 5.5 is the Lenovo K900.
For the LG smartphone line up, the upcoming device is the Optimus G2 which is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Prime and comes with 5.5 inches of screen size too.
Philips, on the other hand, will soon release a 5.3-inch phone called W8355 that will run on Android 4.0 ICS.
Here are some of its rumored specs:
- Dual-sim capable
- 10.9 mm thick
- TFT capacitive touchscreen
- 5.3" screen with 540x960 display resolution
- 1.2GHz dual-core Cortex A5
- 512MB of RAM
- 4GB of ROM
- Up to 32GB memory card support
- 5MP rear camera (2592x1944) with LED flash
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66