LG, Philips Join 5+ Phone Battle
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 14, 2013 10:55 AM EST
ZTE Nubia Z7 and Huawei Ascend Mate which will have 6.3-inch and 6.1-inch of screen displays, respectively, will soon be released. Apparently, it is now the trend for larger, bigger, and "HD-er" screens to show which smartphones offer powerful and dominant features among the different models available in the market.
LG and Philips are currently developing their 5+ inches smartphones and possibly will release them in 2013. It could be their preparation for the upcoming rumours about a new Galaxy Note 3 which nobody knows yet when will it take everyone by surprise.
LG is known for their reputation for screen making and its technology. Their products are used by Apple and Samsung for smartphone devices. At the recent CES 2013, three new displays were shown ranging from 5.5-inch to 12.9 inch and the first likely to the 5.5 is the Lenovo K900.
For the LG smartphone line up, the upcoming device is the Optimus G2 which is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Prime and comes with 5.5 inches of screen size too.
Philips, on the other hand, will soon release a 5.3-inch phone called W8355 that will run on Android 4.0 ICS.
Here are some of its rumored specs:
- Dual-sim capable
- 10.9 mm thick
- TFT capacitive touchscreen
- 5.3" screen with 540x960 display resolution
- 1.2GHz dual-core Cortex A5
- 512MB of RAM
- 4GB of ROM
- Up to 32GB memory card support
- 5MP rear camera (2592x1944) with LED flash
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS