Dutch Giants Keen on Deal for Out-of-Favour Liverpool Winger – Report
By Adrian Back | January 12, 2013 2:27 AM EST
Ajax are reportedly interested in offering Liverpool winger Oussama Assaidi a route back to Dutch league just six months after he left Eredivisie side Heerenveen.
The 24-year-old has failed to make a single appearance in the Premier League since joining the club back in August in a deal worth £3million.
He has made seven first team appearances but these have all come in cup competitions and he has seen the likes of Raheem Sterling and Suso both preferred in the wide positions.
Manager Brendan Rodgers has preferred to play a 4-3-3 formation which has not suited Assaidi who excelled in Holland by playing as an out-and-out winger than thrived on receiving the ball on the touchline and beating players.
Last season he excelled as he scored ten league goals but there has been little signs of this form when playing in the Europa League for Liverpool this season.
Now Talksport believes that Ajax are willing to make an offer during the January transfer window but do not expect it to be on a permanent deal, but rather a loan move for the remainder of the season.
There is also interest from Galatasaray who would like to offer Assaidi a six month loan deal that could see him playing more regular first team football.
It is uncertain whether Rodgers would be prepared to allow the winger to leave as he has bemoaned the lack of options in his squad. However, he may well prefer that Assiadi finds regular first team football rather than the odd appearance in the cup competitions.
Assiadi will have a rare chance to impress over the coming month as he has been picked as a member of the Morocco squad that will travel to the Africa Cup of Nations which begins next week.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop