Dutch Giants Keen on Deal for Out-of-Favour Liverpool Winger – Report
By Adrian Back | January 12, 2013 2:27 AM EST
Ajax are reportedly interested in offering Liverpool winger Oussama Assaidi a route back to Dutch league just six months after he left Eredivisie side Heerenveen.
The 24-year-old has failed to make a single appearance in the Premier League since joining the club back in August in a deal worth £3million.
He has made seven first team appearances but these have all come in cup competitions and he has seen the likes of Raheem Sterling and Suso both preferred in the wide positions.
Manager Brendan Rodgers has preferred to play a 4-3-3 formation which has not suited Assaidi who excelled in Holland by playing as an out-and-out winger than thrived on receiving the ball on the touchline and beating players.
Last season he excelled as he scored ten league goals but there has been little signs of this form when playing in the Europa League for Liverpool this season.
Now Talksport believes that Ajax are willing to make an offer during the January transfer window but do not expect it to be on a permanent deal, but rather a loan move for the remainder of the season.
There is also interest from Galatasaray who would like to offer Assaidi a six month loan deal that could see him playing more regular first team football.
It is uncertain whether Rodgers would be prepared to allow the winger to leave as he has bemoaned the lack of options in his squad. However, he may well prefer that Assiadi finds regular first team football rather than the odd appearance in the cup competitions.
Assiadi will have a rare chance to impress over the coming month as he has been picked as a member of the Morocco squad that will travel to the Africa Cup of Nations which begins next week.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million