Brent Crude Oil Feb Contract - Forecast for 01/11 by Daytradeideas.com
By Jason Sen | January 12, 2013 12:33 AM EST
Brent Crude did test last week’s high at 112.90. We expected the market to struggle here and entered shorts with a stop above 113.30. This worked nicely as the market topped at 113.29 and we have now broken the one month uptrend this morning. Hold on to those shorts then as we look for continued weakness to 111.11 and quite possibly 110.76. There is a good chance of a low for the day within this band so worth taking profit on those shorts but any longs here need a stop below 110.54.
Resistance now at 110.75/95 could hold any bounce this morning but if we break higher this can take us back 112.60/90. We can try shorts again here with a stop above 113.30. Buy in to longs on a break higher then looking for 113.63 and possibly 114.31/50 which fills a small gap to exit those longs.
Long term levels
112.90 Last Week’s High
112.14 100 Week Moving Average
111.16 100 Day Moving Average
109.62 200 Day Moving Average
109.38 Last Week’s Low
The article was first published by DayTradeIdeas.com
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]